RAND GUITAR FOR SALE

27Frets

• Members

SOLD!!!

I never though I'd sell her but I just don't play her anymore.....

I am the original owner of this 1989 Rand Guitar which I bought new on 48th Street (Sam Ash) in NYC in the Fall of 1989. It has been in my possession since, and has pretty much only been played by me. It was gigged only once- back in 1990 or 1991- back in my long hair Paul Gilbert rip-off band (haha). I stopped gigging with it because I was afraid of theft or damage.

These guitars are RARE. According to the builder, Rand Havener, only 70-80 were ever made in the original run. He is unsure of the actual number (he confirmed this in an email to me). You can contact him via the new Randguitars.com website to verifiy. He is building these guitars again but it will cost you between $4,000 - $6,000 for a new one. These are becoming collectors items and should only appreciate in value.

Here is a link to a recent interview with Rand Havener:

http://www.stagetorage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1810

This guitar is original except for the pickups and the volume knob. I had the original pickups but lost them when I moved into my house a few years back. The current pickups are a Dimarzio Vinnie Moore model in the bridge and a Dimarzio HS-3 in the neck. The neck pickup is currently not installed (I had removed it with the intentions of putting the original back in but never found the original) but is included in the sale. The volume knob was replaced because I had changed the original out to a neon pink (hey, it was the LATE 80's!!!) one and lost the original along with the pickups.

The volume control is currently wired as a tone control, and the pickup switch is disconnected.

The guitar is AMAZING. It still plays and sounds as good as it did when I bought it. The frets look great. The neck is perfect. The intonation is DEAD ON. I have tuned it and put it away for 6 - 8 months and when I take it out, it's still in perfect tune.

There is a little chip near the input jack which I photographed so look closely, but other than that it's in great shape. The original case is included.

Asking $1,700

I'll pay the shipping as well. I'll accept Paypal or Certified Check/Money Order. If Paypal is used, I will cover the 3% fee.

I will ship to the USA ONLY.

Serious inquiries only please. I may consider trades that involve at least $1,200 cash.

I have made several transactions here on HC, both as a buyer and seller so ask for references and I'll provide them. I also have ebay feedback under the name 'stratboogieblues'. PM me or post a question here on the thread. I can send you additional pictures if requested.

Thanks for checking it out......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i dont know, i bumped my schon until i gave up. I just refused to lower the price. It is like yours, and these rare guitars either sell, or don't. I just stopped bumping. I got like tons of views, all telling me how great it is and then some lame offers, a few nice trades offers (just nothing I was into) and that was it. I feel your pain.

• Members

i dont know, i bumped my schon until i gave up. I just refused to lower the price. It is like yours, and these rare guitars either sell, or don't. I just stopped bumping. I got like tons of views, all telling me how great it is and then some lame offers, a few nice trades offers (just nothing I was into) and that was it. I feel your pain.

Yeah, it's weird- I've had so many opportunities to sell this guitar over the years and have refused them all because I just didn't want to part with it. Where are they now? I know the economy is bad but DAMN.....

• Members

Very cool guitar! Bummer that I am in no position buy it right now as I collect these guitars (I'm the guy who did the interview that you referenced).

Best of luck with your sale...I wish I could add this to my other seven ;)

• Members
Very cool guitar! Bummer that I am in no position buy it right now as I collect these guitars (I'm the guy who did the interview that you referenced).

Best of luck with your sale...I wish I could add this to my other seven
;)

Thanks. Seven?? Good God. Well, check back in a while- it will probably still be here. Cool interview by the way.....:thu:

Archived