Look out for this guy!

Tom Jackson

• Members

So unfortunately I actually decided to read this whole thread :p

I'm a tech in a music store and have worked in other music stores in the past. To start, for its age, the G&L would be described in any store or book as being in 'good' condition. Besides, any touring musician should expect their guitars to get beat up and bruised. It goes with the territory. You'll probably do far worse to it yourself.

Secondly, even $45 to fix the jack seems high to me. I can take out a jack, solder in a new one, and have it back up and running in a couple of minutes....while still talking to a customer. $175 is flat out absurd. I don't know what tech you go to when you're not on 'tour' but if I were you, I'd find a new one.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, those scratches are no big deal at all. Streetknight is alright in my book.

+10000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? you can't be...sweet jesus. i'm with street knight. BUT, he was a sucker (sorry street knight), I wouldn't have sent you {censored}.

• Members
Yeah, since you don't have much in that guitar let us all know if you want to unload it, I'm sure someone will take it off your hands for $500 that you have in it.

I dunno man, I don't think I'd give 5 bills with it all scratched up like that. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Members

Did you tell him or show him the scratches in pix or let him know ?

I have a had a few dealings with Mr. Jackson and he has been up front and everything has turned out as planned.

When you are trading that G&L you didn't know it had a jack problem ?

That's just a scratch...? Mr. Jackson should have just put this in bad dealings..but you sent the

250.00 cause Tom didn't let this go...you told him tough @#$@$ originally

I have never met Tom in person but in trades with him he has been honest!

Put it this way if he was trading a guitar with scratches he would have let you know...

Why didn't you just trade back the guitar? On your part it would have been just shipping instead of 250.00

just a thought...

I think tom learned a lesson on getting detailed pictures

But I saw people attacking him and the guy I have dealt with is not anything you all are describing.

Remember this a lot of shady crap that happens on forums don't shoot the messenger

If someone gets a shady deal don't you want to know?

I'm sure ill get blasted for this..you always do anymore on harmony voicing you opinion..

when I heard the whole story I was pissed..if it was me I would been ticked

I wouldn't say you are a scammer...just I don't think you where up front

• Members

To bitch about 2 small scratches is pretty {censored}ty. If you want a perfect guitar, go to GC or something and pay big bucks for a guitar.

I can't believe people whine about small scratches on a guitar......it isn't the 80's....it's how you play the guitar, not what the back of your guitar looks like!

learn how to play first!

• Members

Looks like a lot of posts were deleted so I guess that he was bullied out of the thread.

It's sad. I know that streetknight is a long and good standing member here and I've never heard a single bad comment about him. I can see where the OP was upset about not having a good photo of the scratch prior but it really sounds like the $250 was extremely fair compensation.

I personally end up screwing myself on sales because I only really photograph and describe the blemishes. :facepalm:

I can see where the OP may have been disappointed at first, but it really did come off like extortion. Hopefully both parties are happy with the transaction now. Both guitars look great by the way.

Archived