need help to identify model and value of a Hammond - older, family style, many voices

• Members

Hi, I was in ST. Louis this past weekend and a relative had an upright organ in their living room which they wanted to sell off because no one used it and it was taking up space.

It was small, 2 sets of keys 3 octave each - - each level has it's own "buttons" levers for many voices [banjo, accordion, flute, strings...]

auto chord/memory features.

A drum machine rythm scetion that was push button selection for style.

2 sliders for volume and tempo.

I think it said "Rhythm Sound" near the drum section but I could be wrong. My fiance noticed the Hammond name between the top and bottom keys sections...

any resourses or leads? I want to buy it, but I want to give a fair price. It looks like a typical "family home" organ... and knowing the people who bought it, it was probably easily available (like at a Sears or similar non music store)

• Members

I'd offer to take it out of their house for free. No joke.

Only the tonewheel Hammonds (A, B, C, M, etc series) are desireable by musicians, so if it's got banjo sounds and a rhythm section it's not going to be worth anything. They could try a pawn shop but I doubt they'll get much there either.

• Members

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

I'd offer to take it out of their house for free. No joke.

+1

this _might_ be useful as a "parts" organ. if it has an internal leslie it's worth getting for that motor alone.

i love it when i go check out "hammond organ" in the paper and it's one of these pieces of {censored}. then they try selling it to me for the bargain price of 800 dollars, because they paid 1600 for it back in 74 so it MUST be worth that much.

fortunately most people are more reasonable than that.

• Members

so what would be a reasonable offer - $100?

this is my fiance's family which are really nice... and they have that southern way of making it seem that I would be doing them a favor by taking it... but they still deserve fair compinsation...

• Members

Originally posted by hangwire

so what would be a reasonable offer - $100?

this is my fiance's family which are really nice... and they have that southern way of making it seem that I would be doing them a favor by taking it... but they still deserve fair compinsation...

It is fair compensation. There is zero demand for those old Hammonds. They're basically like Yamaha PSR series home keyboards that look good as furniture. Their sounds have been obsolete and unwanted for over a decade.

Well I guess you could offer him $50 since a pawn shop or thrift store might offer something like that...I guess :confused:

Archived