Bose L1 - Anyone Seen/Heard It?

GigMan

• Members

... I did tonight: at a retirement banquet - a guy was playing a small MIDI controller hooked up to his iBook playing MIDI tones out of GarageBand thru it at first, then he let the iBook/iTunes play mp3's thru it for the rest of the night.

This Bose L1 w/subwoofer bass module sounded phenomonal! If you read Bose's info -

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=l1_single_live_music_index&pageName=/musicians/products/index.jsp

...they claim that the volume is even no matter where you are in the room - even right on top of it. Now I was sitting one table away and it was a little louder than when I was over at the bar on the other side of the room (as I was several times - hey, the words "open bar" are not to be taken lightly :D) - but not very much louder.

This guy said he had used JBL EON15 G2's (what I have), sold 'em and got Mackie SRM 450's, sold them and got this Bose system and loves it. Claims he can fill a room of 1,000 people with 2 of the L1 tower speakers and a corresponding "bass module" (subwoofer).

Pretty amazing stuff, indeed... :eek:;)

• Members

I remember reading a thread about this technology a while back at Fantomized.

http://forum.fantomized.info/index.php?action=show_thread&thread=2213&fid=16&page=1

Not much worthwhile information in that thread but it is nice to see someone else excited about this concept.

I would love to see a day where speakers have no sweet spot because the sweet spot is everywhere and the volume is constant throughout the entire room. Looks like I will get to see this day. Personally I would love for clubs to be able to lower the volume a little bit while still feeling a room with vibrant sounding music. Maybe this way people could actually talk to each other at a club without having to yell at one another. Would also be nice to not wake up after going to a club without having ringing ears for several hours. Now if only someone could come up with a way to make clothes and hair not smell like cigarette smoke after going to a club.

Archived