Wasn't Bo great tonight! (snobs please f*k off)

• Members

That acapella number was awesome! Its about time a rock dUde came in and shook things up, isn't it? I also got off on Vonzell and Carrie was good (except for the cover of the ultimate 80's Weenie-band Air Supply). BTW I watch it while I drink beer and eat Wal-mart hot wings. I throw the bones at Simon.

So who are you rooting for?

• Members

I now realize that my original comments on this thread could come across as trying to be too cool for Pop Culture/American Idol. That is not the case at all and actually is the opposite of my reality which is a little out of touch with "reality." My reality is that when our TV

• Members

This is the first year I have followed AI.. BTW Simon is fun to hate

but I agree with him alot (tired of hearing about weddings though). And i just recently realized it was THAT Randy Jackson who was in Journey (with the 'fro and the sweats) so at least he's no slouch as a musician. And, I REALLY like ketchup. There you have it, 4 perfectly related comments.

• Members

Originally posted by pink floyd cramer

And, I REALLY like ketchup.

And wasn't Paula flaunting the cleavage tonight! Simon could not keep his eyes off her!

I was surprised to see Randy Jackson in an old Journey video, his hair was cut like Grace Slick. Surely he has done something besides play with the post-popular incarnation of Journey.

BTW, my Chipotle Salsa can kick you Ketchup's butt!

• Members

Originally posted by BillyWa

I was surprised to see Randy Jackson in an old Journey video, his hair was cut like Grace Slick. Surely he has done something besides play with the post-popular incarnation of Journey.

Played/recorded with Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Michael Bolton, Tracy Chapman, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Richard Marx, Jon Bon Jovi, Narada Michael Walden, Kenny G, Herbie Hancock, Jean LucPonty & Billy Cobham...among others :cool:

• Members

someone tell me about Bo's a capella song- listening to the lyrics (whicch I tuned into abouut halfway through) it was almost like a gospel song- had that "feel" anyway. What is "Badlands" like?

The man has some balls- or was it just a prefab corporate stunt dreamed up by a marketing team? Or did he just decide that the band sucked? I want some answers!

• Members

Originally posted by SumDumGuy

I now realize that my original comments on this thread could come across as trying to be too cool for Pop Culture/American Idol. That is not the case at all and actually is the opposite of my reality which is a little out of touch with "reality." My reality is that when our TV

• Members

This is the first year I have followed AI.. BTW Simon is fun to hate

but I agree with him alot (tired of hearing about weddings though). And i just recently realized it was THAT Randy Jackson who was in Journey (with the 'fro and the sweats) so at least he's no slouch as a musician. And, I REALLY like ketchup. There you have it, 4 perfectly related comments.

pfc -

My first year too - my wife watched almost from day one though, this year and previous years. I only started watching this year in the last 5 or 6 weeks - I could NOT take the early shows with all the cheesy, bad singers.

I also thought Bo rocked! I think the Final 2 will be him and Vonzell. Two complete and utter opposites. Should be interesting.

• Members

someone tell me about Bo's a capella song- listening to the lyrics (whicch I tuned into abouut halfway through) it was almost like a gospel song- had that "feel" anyway. What is "Badlands" like?

The man has some balls- or was it just a prefab corporate stunt dreamed up by a marketing team? Or did he just decide that the band sucked? I want some answers!

I was wondreing same exact thing - either he has some major cajones or it was a gimmick/stunt that someone directed him into, and it worked: he sounded good all by himself - even with NO band accompaniment.

BTW -

I think the band is awesome + in fact I'm amazed that the singers can follow the edited, condensed, chopped up arrangements of the songs they sing each week. Though I guess that they go over it Thursday - Monday and then the live show is Tuesday, eh?

• Members

thank you for sharing that with us, flukeworm. for you city guys, the creature on the right is a racoon, "coon" for short. They are good to eat and no, they don't taste like chicken.

gigman you were WRONG!:D But I missed the show because I was rehearsing with a new WCS (white chick singer) for some upcoming gigs (piano players are popular with WCS's). I don't much care for Wednesday AI's anyway.

My girlfriend has the hots for Bo so I guess that's payback for my Carrie-on-a-bale-of-hay-wearing-nothing-but-a-cowboy-hat fixation.

• Members

Originally posted by Learning67

ok, I'll f*k off

:D

(i hate american idol. i hate those songs. and i hate hearing people talk about the music industry in the way that they do on that show)

Woah, nellie... !?:eek::confused:

Dude -

Why do you hate those songs - and which songs specifically do you mean: any and all songs ever sung on American Idol? :(

Archived