Other than Harmony Central's forums, where do you list the guitars you are selling?

rlm297

• Members

Well, it's been my general observation over the last few months that nothing is selling on here anyway....except for maybe some of the low-end stuff. And even at that, the low-end items have actually been pretty limited as far as what's actually been sold outright for cash. What I've been noticing on here lately is that noone's buying, they're just trading. Especially the higher end guitars. I guess the economy has just put the screws to everyone these days because when you see an ad for a Fender MIM strat in mint condition for 300 with a hardcase shipped that runs for 3 weeks and still doesn't sell, something is definitely wrong. And I've seen alot of that on here lately.

• Members
also, posting this thread in this forum is
absolutely
hurting you more than it is helping. If I were you I would immediately try and close it and start something out in an appropriate forum if you're still looking for more advice... because when people who are browsing for a guitar see this, they certainly aren't going to be offering you anything close to 900$ for it (not that they would have anyway)
:idk:

Agreed, but I don't think the OP is trying to see anyone's point but his own.

• Members

Well, it's been my general observation over the last few months that nothing is selling on here anyway....except for maybe some of the low-end stuff. And even at that, the low-end items have actually been pretty limited as far as what's actually been sold outright for cash. What I've been noticing on here lately is that noone's buying, they're just trading. Especially the higher end guitars. I guess the economy has just put the screws to everyone these days because when you see an ad for a Fender MIM strat in mint condition for 300 with a hardcase shipped that runs for 3 weeks and still doesn't sell, something is definitely wrong. And I've seen alot of that on here lately.

Not true. I've sold 4 guitar on here in the last 2 weeks.

You have to price you stuff right or it won't sell.

People have money but they want a "deal" right now. As long as you don't want street price for your MIM Strat (300 is to much for a MIM Strat) you'll sell it.

But if you put a realistic price on it, it will sell. People are still buying.

Of course it also helps to have more "rare" stuff. MIM Strats are a dime a dozen, go to any pawn shop in your town and you'll find one. They are everywhere.

But if you have a MIA Strat and you price it right (under 600), it will sell.

Thats the other problem with this economy. Buyers want more too. Buyers want a deal and sellers want 30 dollars less than street for their MIM Strat. In that situation, it won't sell.

Sellers need to wise up and price thier {censored} right. That goes for the OP as well.

• Members

You need to take better pictures.

You're trying to sell your guitar based on it's uniqueness, and to show off that uniqueness you post a couple crappy cellphone pics on your front stoop next to a dog dish?

I don't know about other forums, but the guys at HC LOVE pics. Lots of people browse these ads every day, just to look at the pictures of cool guitars. A good photo is an incredibly powerful tool for inducing GAS - I've flipped guitars on eBay for hundred of dollars more than I paid, just by taking better pics and writing better copy.

• Members

You're trying to sell your guitar based on it's uniqueness, and to show off that uniqueness you post a couple crappy cellphone pics on your front stoop next to a dog dish?

I don't know about other forums, but the guys at HC LOVE pics. Lots of people browse these ads every day, just to look at the pictures of cool guitars. A good photo is an incredibly powerful tool for inducing GAS - I've flipped guitars on eBay for hundred of dollars more than I paid, just by taking better pics and writing better copy.

+1

in this case however, I still don't know how much more cash it'll draw in. unless the poor quality pictures hide that this guitar is bound in solid gold, you're still looking at about a 550$ price point.

• Members

awwww, don't be so tough on him, that's a watering can...not a dog dish.

• Members

That was more of a general statement to all.

Lots of guitars on here are overpiced. You can find them very easy, they are the ads with 3-5 pages of "bump"s.

I sold 4 guitars on here in the last week. Some haven't moved 1 guitar in 2 months? Why? I priced my stuff right and others think they can get way too much for what they have.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. A quick sale or months of "bump".

Yeah,I would agree with that...alot are overpriced...when you see used guitars/pups on here for $100 less than new you probably are not going to saell it,I dont care howimmaculate a guitar is...alot of it has to do with what kind of guitar you are selling as well....many of the Mexi/korean guitars sell quicker simply becasue they are cheaper guitars...more specialzed guitarslike some of the parts casters,explorers,etc...appeal to a more niche group of buyers...but I do agree..price is a huge deal.....used gear just deasnt hold value like most guys think which is why I dont really buy with the intention to flip like alot of guys that you see selling stuff on here all the time.......

Archived