OT: what the hell does "goddy" mean?

• Members

Obviously, the word is derived from good or God. As such, "goddy" can be used to define a state that is indeed good or Godlike. The word is often used as an exclamation, capable of standing alone the same way as as Good! or Cool! Derived from "goddy" is of course "ungoddy" which in all aspects means the exact opposite.

Recent uses of the phrase here on HC include, but is not limited to: Using the word "goddy" to begin a new thread page for no reason at all, using "goddy/ungoddy" as a positive/negative adjective to describe a real chap, and using the words as a definition of something that is really cool/really sucks!

One recent post by pighood suggest that "goddy" could smiply mean god, as used in this phrase: "A knobby demigoddy."

The lection is over, go play in the yard! :D

• Members

I doubt that anyone here knows this- but GODDY is one of David Tibet's [from Current 93] surreal characters that appeared in his late 80s work- he is essentially the transcended version of the old British puppet NODDY

• Members

Originally posted by Artur Meinild

Obviously, the word is derived from good or God. As such, "goddy" can be used to define a state that is indeed good or Godlike. The word is often used as an exclamation, capable of standing alone the same way as as Good! or Cool! Derived from "goddy" is of course "ungoddy" which in all aspects means the exact opposite.

Recent uses of the phrase here on HC include, but is not limited to: Using the word "goddy" to begin a new thread page for no reason at all, using "goddy/ungoddy" as a positive/negative adjective to describe a real chap, and using the words as a definition of something that is really cool/really sucks!

One recent post by pighood suggest that "goddy" could smiply mean god, as used in this phrase: "A knobby demigoddy."

The lection is over, go play in the yard!
:D

To understand the term GODDY. One merely has to watch City Slickers.

Curley spoke of that "One Thing"

That is GODDY ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

It's one of those things you don't explain, but one day it clicks and suddenly you realize what Goddy means.

You achieve goddy zen.

Y'all are thinking too much into it, or maybe not enough.

WELL said :)

• Members

Goddy doesn't really mean that much of anything, really, because it's so over-used, kind of like the word God.

You appreciate it, but it's around. However, if you can ever get an "Ultra Goddy" out of Smokin-Man, then you know that your days of wandering in the desert are over, and you have found John the Baptist and refreshed yourself in the River Jordan.

Now that's "Ultra GODDY!"

:D

• Members

I was a big C93 fan in the old days. I like the Nature Unveiled type material the best, although think that Thunder Perfect Mind is my favorite. I don't follow him/them anymore, but did go SF to see the show at the Great american Music Hall. It was a rare thing to see a performer so involved with the material. I was impressed.

Originally posted by setAI

I doubt that anyone here knows this- but GODDY is one of David Tibet's [from Current 93] surreal characters that appeared in his late 80s work- he is essentially the transcended version of the old British puppet NODDY

• Members

You can't post the 19th post, and THEN post the Goddy as well. It's against the rules. You need to wait it out first, then jump when the jumping is good.

Your Goddy is disqualified. :o

What an Un-GODDY GODDY that was! :(

Archived