LP TRADE OFFER...I CAN DREAM, CAN'T I???

dangolguitartec

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Free Bump for a beautiful Guitar. I recently traded my 08 LP Standard preimium plus Desert Burst for a 1976 LP Custom thats pretty damn nice.

So your not dreaming its possible.

Here's a pic

Guitarpics046.jpg

I hate to burst your bubble but 70s Gibsons are the worst example of Gibson guitar craftsmanship there is. I am not saying money wise you got a bad deal because you got a great deal, but the guitar you had was a much nicer guitar. Do not let all the binding and appointments blur your vision. Those guitars suck when it comes to the realm of Gibsons :thu: And to the OP....if you are looking for a nicer guitar than you have you will have to look to the Custom Shop. The new LPs Gibson is putting out are really nice. And that color is also to die for. You could sell this thing for close to $1800 and buy a post-2000 Custom for around $2000.

• Members

I will agree that I got a good deal as far as the value is concerned. However this thing plays way better than my 08 Standard did. Of course my Standard did have way nicer options, and it also sounded a little nicer to be honest but man does this 76 play amazing.

Everyone can bash 70's Gibsons all they want but no matter how you look at it this is a great guitar.

Anyways I would have made this trade again a heartbeat. Sure my standard sounded better but this 76 sounds pretty damn nice too. I had no luck selling my 08 LP except for low ballers. I don't even think ebay was gonna get me 1800 dollars but I never let the auction finish to find out.

• Members

I guess what it comes down to is you either love the 70's LP's or you hate them. Sure the new Customs have improved alot since the 70's but I still think my 76 is by far the best damn playing LP I have ever owned.

As far as sound goes my 05 Les Paul Classic is my favorite sounding LP. However its much hotter than my 76.

Either way both are great guitars.

Sorry for Hijacking this thread. I really comes down to a matter of opinion. Typically if a 70's LP has been around for this long its likley its a pretty good guitar.

However there is always the exception to every rule.

• 2 weeks later...