Custom Partscaster (Ridiculous Price Drop) - Needs to Sell!

rlm297

• Members

Dropping this to $750 Shipped.

Need to sell this fast, so I can buy someone's ENGL.

The Warmoth Brazilian Wengewood neck alone cost me $600!

PM me or email me at ROBT.MILLER at GMAIL dot com if you're interested.

Custom Partscaster

(Warmoth Brazilian Wenge Wood Neck, Hand Drawn Mighty Mite Body, Gold Hardware) - $750 Shipped

The action is amazing on this guitar.

This was assembled with high quality parts for performance and cosmetics. Body artwork is all original. There's nothing else like it. Definitely a stage guitar, I built this to be on the same level as George Harrison's "Rocky Stratocaster" and Jimi Hendrix' "Monterrey Pop" Strat. A real head turner and one of a kind. I understand with partscasters it's hard to get what you put into it. I put about $1200 parts and labor into this, am hoping to get about $750 for it. Drop me a message if interested and I'll give you the Encyclopedia Brittanica entry I typed up on it and all the photos I have, and we can talk. It's a great guitar, just doesn't get as much love as my #1 guitar.

Up for sale is one of my Custom Built Partscasters. This one in particular contains parts that I had hand-picked and purchased from July '08 to November '08. I enjoy building guitars in my free time with high-quality and oftentimes rare aftermarket guitar parts and view it as a glorified gear head art project.

This guitar in particular, which I call the "Purple and Green Zebra" consists of the following parts:

Rare Warmoth Custom Made Stratocaster Neck made of beautiful Exotic Brazilian Wenge Wood

I believe the previous owner of this neck had told me it was made by Warmoth in 1999 or 2000. Nonetheless, it's in great, playable condition (I have a bunch of photos of it below, before the guitar was assembled by my tech.) These necks are great for lead guitar solos and to the touch handle very well -- this kind of Brazilian wood is sometimes used for Archery Bows (a cool side note.) I found the neck to be on the chunkier side, as I typically play '62 Stratocaster necks, but not as bad as some of the baseball bat necks to be found on older guitars. The action was set up like a dream on this -- I am currently using Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's, because my guitar tech had told me that heavier strings would work better on this. She had mentioned that she had to adjust the truss a certain way and the neck needed to be properly broken in through logging some hours on it. The neck is fretted but features no fretboard markers or inlay, so is kind of a showy, upscale feature. It does, however, have fret markers on the very side/top of the neck in traditional Fender style.

Natural Ash Mighty Mite Stratocaster Body with Purple, Green, and Black Hand-Drawn Art Designs

The body is a Mighty Mite Stratocaster body which was cut to accomodate a humbucker in the bridge and neck and single coil in the middle (although, I'm a purist and chose to use three single-coils.) The body itself is made of ash and was hand-painted by the previous owner with what looks like "vines" and artistic, abstract designs that kind of resemble purple and green zebra print from far away. A lot of care had been put into these designs, they are very intricate and it looks to have taken hours to do. In the bridge cavity, the artist had signed her name although I'm lost on what it was. The body's finish over top of the artwork is glossy and smooth, and while I'm unsure if it's nitrocellulose, I'm fairly certain it's not a poly job -- the tone sounds much too good and it doesn't feel all gunked up with the poly hard-candy shell M&M finish. Let me tell you, whenever I knocked on the body, it resonated beautifully for me -- I know that may seem like a minor detail, but it was a surefire sign to me that I was in for a treat with this guitar. The tonal combination between this neck and the body is unreal, I'm not sure if its rich and clear sound can be attributed to one over the other or in conjunction, but it should be played to believe!

Loaded 3-Ply Black-White-Black Stratocaster Pickguard with 3 Gold Lipstick Pickups

The icing on the cake is the gold lipstick pickups, as they look very smart and classy in a Stratocaster (I never saw anyone else with lipsticks in a Strat) and they produce in my opinion tones that are as clear as a bell. Whoever purchases this guitar will have an ideal guitar for cleans. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a heavy-metal machine with these pickups, but I'd imagine with the right pedals or a boutique gain monster amplifier head this could become a screamer in no time! Nothing special with the electronics in this one, just your Standard 5-Blade pickup selector switch (topped off with a matching gold tip), black volume and tone knobs (Fender Licensed knobs -- other plastic accessories included), etc.

Gold Fender Aftermarket Stratocaster Output Jack and Neck Plate/Screws

Officially Licensed Fender Stratocaster Gold Bridge and Tremolo Arm

In matching gold, keeping consistency with pickups and other hardware. Includes gold whammy bar. I believe three springs were used for the bridge, and a fourth one will be included with unused accessories.

Vintage Style Kluson Brand Gold Tuners and Conversion Bushings

Since all of the vintage Fender Stratocasters and great guitars I've owned used Kluson tuners, I wanted to keep with tradition and use a set of gold Klusons and matching gold string tree. The Warmoth neck had originally been drilled for Schaller tuners, so gold conversion bushings were purchased and installed to accomodate the Klusons.

Black Strap Buttons and Designer Get'm Get'm Guitar Strap

After weeks and weeks on eBay, I was able to find the perfect guitar strap that went with the vibe of the guitar. I settled on a purple Get'm Get'm designer guitar strap called "Indochine Purple." It really gives the guitar that extra natural spark, making it the "full package." Plus all of the proceeds from the straps benefit animal shelters, I believe... so, that can't be bad!

The guitar was assembled from November to December '08 by my tech at Penn Avenue Music in Reading, PA. In addition to being assembled and wired, it was also professionally set up. I can provide the receipt if desired.

I was very pleased at how this guitar turned out -- first and foremost, cosmetically it's a gear head's wet dream. If there was Playboy for guitars, I'm confident this guitar would be the Miss April centerfold in a heartbeat! It just so happened to be an added bonus, that after plugging her in (I was using an Orange AD30 at the time), the guitar played and sounded so exceptionally well. Talk about good luck!

There are less than 5 hours logged on this guitar and absolutely no issues with this, other than asking the future buyer to get the neck acquainted to the body by playing.

$750 Shipped

Click Here for All Photos

CustomStrat_82709.jpg

• Members

Free bump and just some friendly advice...put the specs up to help sell it. People like to know these things.

Thanks for the bump, Billy. I'll add those above and in this message.

Up for sale is one of my Custom Built Partscasters. This one in particular contains parts that I had hand-picked and purchased from July '08 to November '08. I enjoy building guitars in my free time with high-quality and oftentimes rare aftermarket guitar parts and view it as a glorified gear head art project.

This guitar in particular, which I call the "Purple and Green Zebra" consists of the following parts:

Rare Warmoth Custom Made Stratocaster Neck made of beautiful Exotic Brazilian Wenge Wood

I believe the previous owner of this neck had told me it was made by Warmoth in 1999 or 2000. Nonetheless, it's in great, playable condition (I have a bunch of photos of it below, before the guitar was assembled by my tech.) These necks are great for lead guitar solos and to the touch handle very well -- this kind of Brazilian wood is sometimes used for Archery Bows (a cool side note.) I found the neck to be on the chunkier side, as I typically play '62 Stratocaster necks, but not as bad as some of the baseball bat necks to be found on older guitars. The action was set up like a dream on this -- I am currently using Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's, because my guitar tech had told me that heavier strings would work better on this. She had mentioned that she had to adjust the truss a certain way and the neck needed to be properly broken in through logging some hours on it. The neck is fretted but features no fretboard markers or inlay, so is kind of a showy, upscale feature. It does, however, have fret markers on the very side/top of the neck in traditional Fender style.

Natural Ash Mighty Mite Stratocaster Body with Purple, Green, and Black Hand-Drawn Art Designs

The body is a Mighty Mite Stratocaster body which was cut to accomodate a humbucker in the bridge and neck and single coil in the middle (although, I'm a purist and chose to use three single-coils.) The body itself is made of ash and was hand-painted by the previous owner with what looks like "vines" and artistic, abstract designs that kind of resemble purple and green zebra print from far away. A lot of care had been put into these designs, they are very intricate and it looks to have taken hours to do. In the bridge cavity, the artist had signed her name although I'm lost on what it was. The body's finish over top of the artwork is glossy and smooth, and while I'm unsure if it's nitrocellulose, I'm fairly certain it's not a poly job -- the tone sounds much too good and it doesn't feel all gunked up with the poly hard-candy shell M&M finish. Let me tell you, whenever I knocked on the body, it resonated beautifully for me -- I know that may seem like a minor detail, but it was a surefire sign to me that I was in for a treat with this guitar. The tonal combination between this neck and the body is unreal, I'm not sure if its rich and clear sound can be attributed to one over the other or in conjunction, but it should be played to believe!

Loaded 3-Ply Black-White-Black Stratocaster Pickguard with 3 Gold Lipstick Pickups

The icing on the cake is the gold lipstick pickups, as they look very smart and classy in a Stratocaster (I never saw anyone else with lipsticks in a Strat) and they produce in my opinion tones that are as clear as a bell. Whoever purchases this guitar will have an ideal guitar for cleans. I wouldn't necessarily say this is a heavy-metal machine with these pickups, but I'd imagine with the right pedals or a boutique gain monster amplifier head this could become a screamer in no time! Nothing special with the electronics in this one, just your Standard 5-Blade pickup selector switch (topped off with a matching gold tip), black volume and tone knobs (Fender Licensed knobs -- other plastic accessories included), etc.

Gold Fender Aftermarket Stratocaster Output Jack and Neck Plate/Screws

Officially Licensed Fender Stratocaster Gold Bridge and Tremolo Arm

In matching gold, keeping consistency with pickups and other hardware. Includes gold whammy bar. I believe three springs were used for the bridge, and a fourth one will be included with unused accessories.

Vintage Style Kluson Brand Gold Tuners and Conversion Bushings

Since all of the vintage Fender Stratocasters and great guitars I've owned used Kluson tuners, I wanted to keep with tradition and use a set of gold Klusons and matching gold string tree. The Warmoth neck had originally been drilled for Schaller tuners, so gold conversion bushings were purchased and installed to accomodate the Klusons.

Black Strap Buttons and Designer Get'm Get'm Guitar Strap

After weeks and weeks on eBay, I was able to find the perfect guitar strap that went with the vibe of the guitar. I settled on a purple Get'm Get'm designer guitar strap called "Indochine Purple." It really gives the guitar that extra natural spark, making it the "full package." Plus all of the proceeds from the straps benefit animal shelters, I believe... so, that can't be bad!

The guitar was assembled from November to December '08 by my tech at Penn Avenue Music in Reading, PA. In addition to being assembled and wired, it was also professionally set up. I can provide the receipt if desired.

I was very pleased at how this guitar turned out -- first and foremost, cosmetically it's a gear head's wet dream. If there was Playboy for guitars, I'm confident this guitar would be the Miss April centerfold in a heartbeat! It just so happened to be an added bonus, that after plugging her in (I was using an Orange AD30 at the time), the guitar played and sounded so exceptionally well. Talk about good luck!

There are less than 5 hours logged on this guitar and absolutely no issues with this, other than asking the future buyer to get the neck acquainted to the body by playing.

$750 Shipped

Archived