OT(?): Anybody else sick of the GODDY-bumps?

BOBA JFET

Guest Anonymous

i wish i could approximate the weird, glottal lisp that rik, from _the young ones_, had:

look at us!

bickering!

squabbling!

like children!

for how long can the principals maintain their indignation? does anyone want to hazard a guess as to when this thread will make a decisive turn for the more nonspecifically banal? p'raps we could go see the new george romero film and talk about it over dinner:

and i said "what about _the land of the dead_?" and he said, "yeah, that was cool, but the remake of _dawn of the dead_ was well rubbish" and i said "{censored} you", and......

[edit: fixed dodgy syntax]

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

urban - Well, it is something for me to reflect upon - do I compromise my expression because I know that somebody I respect thinks less of me for it? Kind of a catch-22. If I refuse to compromise, I could be selfish or arrogant. If I do compromise, I could be a sycophant, or less-than-sincere.

In another way, this strangely parallels the bigger argument - it's not the word that offends you, it's the context in which is was used.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by Birdienumnum

This thread is BETTER than p120dUdE.
:)

And no, Boba, I am not a twat. I am a {censored}.
:)

even if that were true, it'd be impossible to hate you for it; you've expertly defused any ill will i could possible harbour against you by sticking peter sellers, saying "birdie num-num", in my brain with every post you make.

bastard.

birdie num-num.

b i r d i e n u m - n u m .

• Members

Originally posted by niall

for how long can the principals maintain their indignation? does anyone want to hazard a guess as to when this thread will make a decisive turn for the more nonspecifically banal? p'raps we could talk about the new george romero film and talk about it over dinner:

and i said "what about _the land of the dead_?" and he said, "yeah, that was cool, but the remake of _dawn of the dead_ was well rubbish" and i said "{censored} you", and......

Perhaps your right. Even Smokin's derisiveness feels a little forced.

On the other hand, I guess time at KSS does mean something. Love 'em or hate 'em, I've been around these guys for way too long to just walk away. I think that for myself, if I walk away now there is no looking back. So, I'll still be here at this thread, watching and posting if applicable, but I think that the smoke wants to clear (no pun intended). Regarding the events that have transpired thus far, I've said all I can say (and then some!). It's time to look forward.

• Members
Originally posted by niall

even if that were true, it'd be impossible to hate you for it; you've expertly defused any ill will i could possible harbour against you by sticking peter sellers, saying "birdie num-num", in my brain with every post you make.

bastard.

birdie num-num.

b i r d i e n u m - n u m .

:o

• Members
Originally posted by BOBA JFET

Birdie, listen carefully - drugs are an unhealthy way to solve problems that stem from emotional and environmental issues. I'd be more than happy to get high for fun, but I can't because I ate too many mushrooms and now I've got johnny {censored}ing law all over my ass.

I am sorry you are so defensive. My life has been greatly improved by a small amount (15mg, once every other day) of medication.

I remember a year ago, when I posted a thread about adult ADD (me), ADHD (you, probably), and medication I was preparing to take. It was you in your 6th incarnaton as Is. who argued strenuously against it. Countless long posts, and PMs. I think you doth protesteth too much. You even told me in a PM that you thought you might have ADHD but you would never try meds.

So now, after embarrassing yourself royally in this, your own thread, acting out for the world to see, and calling someone who wants to help you a condescending twat, it has come to this. Anger, no sense of humor, passive-aggressive baiting, paranoia, the works. All the while accusing others of your own behavioral symptoms in classic Freudian projection.

I am not the one who started this thread to put down one of KSS's nicest guys, Smokin-Man.

I am not the one who has constantly bragged about having an enormous penis.

I am not the one who has constantly bragged about having an underage girlfriend.

I am not the one who has constantly argued against meds while exhibiting all the signs of an unfocused mind lacking executive brain function. I'm not insulting you--this is what most of us can see here.

I am not the condescending twat. I am just an anonymous num nut on an internet forum trying to help you. :)

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by Birdienumnum

I am not the one who has constantly bragged about having an underage girlfriend.

if you did, would you?

[edit: would you do it in the sellers voice? ;]

• Members

For what its worth I started out very anti-drugs, but I have come to grips with it.

ADD is probably overdiagnosed in the United States, but the problem is real and does exist. Chemical imbalances...

In my case, depression is real and I have been able to overcome this chemical defect with drugs.

Growing up in a bad environment doesn't necessarily cause these problems, but they may exaggerate them to the point that they are diagnosed.

You really have to look at it from a chemical point of view. Are diabetics bad people because they have to take medication to live? Am I/Birdie/you a bad person because they need to take medicine to be a bit less edgey?

I'm not going any deeper here. Psychology and organic chemistry are not me. :)

And yes, someday I would like to try and get off of my drugs, but that time has not come yet, and I can accept that.

• Members
Originally posted by urbanscallywag

ADD is probably overdiagnosed in the United States, but the problem is real and does exist.

That's exactly right. ADHD especially is overdiagnosed in children, but it is real. However, ADD and ADHD in adults has only recently been analyzed. Until a few years ago, I had no idea what my problem was (ADD, no hyperactivity).

But bipolar, ADD, depression, these are all real, clinical, physical diseases of the brain. Not just trendy flavors of the month, in spite of the pharm. industry, which does try to push drugs on us. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Phineas

Good work guys. Just another 299 pages left to go. Anybody up for it?

I do think Boba is more deserving of that than poor p120dude (who has peacefully become p250dude).
Of course, if Boba really wants "a fresh start" then he could apologize to all of us and then PM slehman to get this thread pulled, that would be fine too. :)

Archived