OT: Anybody else sick of the "Anybody else sick of the GODDY-bumps?" thread?

Jeebus

• Members

Originally posted by BOBA JFET

Ah.

I thought it was the hard cider, courtesy Mr. John Chapman aka Johnny Appleseed.

Absolutely, he was extremely GODDY in his day. Good thing he didn't have internet forums to take away all his precious time plantin seeds eh? ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Smokin-Man

and freedom of speech

Amen to that. Everything else aside, I'm sure as hell glad we've had the opportunity to have this rediculous argument. Thank you, first amendment.

In fact, I'd even say that it's...aw, hell...

(I hope you don't mind)

GODDY!

• Members

Absolutely, he was extremely GODDY in his day. Good thing he didn't have internet forums to take away all his precious time plantin seeds eh?
;)

From what I understand he was a weird fellow, pretty different from the Disney version of the story. Engaged to a 10 year old at one time, also a Swedenborgian.

• Members

Amen to that. Everything else aside, I'm sure as hell glad we've had the opportunity to have this rediculous argument. Thank you, first amendment.

In fact, I'd even say that it's...aw, hell...

(I hope you don't mind)

GODDY!

LOL

Not at all, its not MY word to own ;)

• Members

From what I understand he was a weird fellow, pretty different from the Disney version of the story. Engaged to a 10 year old at one time, also a Swedenborgian.

Wow! I never knew that. Whats a Swedenborgian?

• Members

Wow! I never knew that. Whats a Swedenborgian?

It's a Christian denomination. I don't know that much about them, but they basically believe that everything on earth is a literal parallel to the afterlife. I don't know if they're all evangelicals, but Chapman certainly was. I'd imagine a quick google query could tell you much more than I ever could.

• Members

Originally posted by Boom

What are goddy bumps? Are they what you get when you experience the true GODDY? Sort of like goose bumps?

Well, thats conundrum that scientists have been laboring over for quite some time. It has been speculated (mostly in the press) that it is because of the overpopulation of crop-circles on the European countryside ;)

Did that make sense to you?

It sure made no sense to me whatsoever, but it was fun coming up with it ;)

• Members

It's a Christian denomination. I don't know that much about them, but they basically believe that everything on earth is a literal parallel to the afterlife. I don't know if they're all evangelicals, but Chapman certainly was. I'd imagine a quick google query could tell you much more than I ever could.

Believe it or not, I find that interesting.

• Members

Well folks, it has certainly been one of the more interesting evenings, but ya gotta put another GODDY on the barbee cause I'm off to bed ;)

(Yes, I actually do sleep, on a Temper-Goddy-pedic mattress, next to my lovely Goddy wife in our 2000 square foot Goddy house ;))

:D

• Members

Believe it or not, I find that interesting.

Well, I didn't say it was bad, per se. Just strange. I don't really know enough about any of it to make that kind of value judgement. I've just been reading this book called "The Botany of Desire" and there's a section that's mostly devoted to Johnny Appleseed, and in a larger sense the effect that apples had on pioneering America.

There's also a section in the book about Marijuana. I haven't read that yet.

• Members

Originally posted by Yoozer

In other and maybe completely unrelated or related news, whatever, Kiru has sort of disappeared since May 24th.

Anyone goddy a clue or...?

Isn't this about the same time Mike51 left? Hmmm. What could this imply? :confused:

Archived