Gibson '84 Flying V Reissue - GOTW #40

FeelTardy

• Members

Up for sale is my Silver Burst Flying V with the white plush hardshell case. It was Gibson's Guitar of the Week for Week #40. This is a limited run of 400 produced. I think this guitar has a real unique meaty tone. I have really enjoyed the ebony fretboard and jumbo frets, it makes tapping almost too easy:). You can get all of the specifics from Gibson at http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/84Flying_V_Reissue/

I am asking $1000 OR BEST OFFER shipped/PayPal'd/insured in the U.S. (lower 48) only. PM me if you are interested and I will send you my ebay references. I'm not interested in trades. I will entertain reasonable offers. Thanks for looking!

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01521.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Damn man, I used to have one of these. I traded her for an 04 SG Standard in Heritage Cherry that was mint. I have always missed that V though, they have monster tone due to the lack of a pickguard and the 3 knob control scheme. Seriously, I have owned numerous Gibsons, including V's, Explorers, SG's, and Les Pauls, and none were raunchier than my 84 reissue. Too bad you have to sell such a sexy axe, and too bad I have blown my 2010 gear budget several times over, or I would buy this off you in a heartbeat. Bump.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry about the reason to sell it as it is a nice guitar. Just have a questionmainly to what Gibson calls a re-issue. Were there even 496R/500T pickups in 1984? Pretty sure original 1984s used Dirty Fingers and also the 1984s had a 3 control knobs 2V-1T so it is curious why Gibson would change 2 fairly important variables to that specific year and still call this a re-issue. Also the tone knob on the re-issue looks painfully close to the edge of the body. Weird Gibson would do this as it just looks wrong.

1277161367606_DSC00633.JPG

• 6 months later...

Archived