Fender Goldtop HH Telecaster

lewzer

• Members

Up for sale is a MIK Fender Goldtop HH Telecaster. I acquired this one in a trade with a fellow HC member a couple of years ago. It's easily one of the best MIK guitars I've ever come across.

To the best of my knowledge, these were a special run Musicians Friend only model. I would assume they're quite similar to the current Fender FMT HH Telecasters, only the Gold Top has Dimarzio pickups instead of Duncans. Also, the Goldtop looks WAY better! I *think* these have mahogany bodies with maple necks. The back has a very dark red-ish see-through finish and a VERY nicely sculpted heel.

The overall condition of this guitar is very good. The only blemish is a very small dent/ding on the middle of the lower horn (on the gold top, not the side). There is still a bit of residue where a LP-style Rhythm/Treble ring was installed around the pickup selector. I think it can be cleaned off, I just never bothered to try.

I'm only selling this in order to clear out a bit of space before I move away from college. I also could use some extra cash to take care of some bills. That being said, I'm still stubborn enough to be open to any trade offers you may have, especially a Fender CP Jaguar. :)

FILE0021.JPG

FILE0022.JPG

• Members

yours....

Well that's scary isn't it. Looks like someone used a picture of my guitar in their ad. I posted a NGD using that picture in Feb. 09, and this ad was apparently posted several months later. Thanks for bringing it up. Here is my NGD thread. It's the #2 result if you google "Fender Goldtop HH Telecaster":

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2238153

• Members

i've got an epi explorer in black with gold hardware if you're interested..

Not really into an Epi Explorer at the moment. Thanks for the offer though. Over the last couple of days i've REALLY gotten interested in the Fender Classic Player HH Jaguar.

• Members

I cannot believe this is still here 4 days later. When I saw it I nearly panicked trying to find a fast way to get it, sure that it would only last a few hours. You guys have NO idea how nice this guitar is. I traded my Strat version straight up for a new (at the time) Gibson Faded SG and the other guy was totally happy. I've even tried to sell my 83 LP to fund this but the repaired headstock is scaring people away. Somebody's gonna be really happy they got this.......

• Members

I cannot believe this is still here 4 days later. When I saw it I nearly panicked trying to find a fast way to get it, sure that it would only last a few hours. You guys have NO idea how nice this guitar is. I traded my Strat version straight up for a new (at the time) Gibson Faded SG and the other guy was totally happy. I've even tried to sell my 83 LP to fund this but the repaired headstock is scaring people away. Somebody's gonna be really happy they got this.......

True that. I've got a FMT HH tele, which, like he said is basically the same guitar but not gold top, and was in shock at how well it played for the price. I think it freakin kills all of similarly priced guitars i've played.

• Members

I may have to head over to eBay soon.

That statement fits your avatar :lol:

If I had the money I'd buy it.

I was actually lusting after the spalted maple version for a while and finally decided to just build my own with some modifications. It's in the finishing stages right now.

Can never go wrong with a gold top though!

Archived