Les Paul sound, with a Jackson neck/playability?

guitarist17

• Members

What kind of guitar am I searching for? I LOVE my les pauls sound, the huge thick bottom end, I mean, what else can be said, it's a Les paul...My jackson custom shop RR-1 plays like a dream, I mean, nothing can touch it, it's incredibly fast and SO easy to play, but it doesn't sound like my Les Paul of Course. So, what kind of guitar am I searching for? PRS's all play like a dream to me, everyone I pick up is just so fast and completely awesome to play. What do you guys think? I tried doing a search, but couldn't find anything surprisingly (must be THAT crazy of an idea to find something like I'm asking for!) thanks!

• Members

Don't slam me, but look at Norlin era Les Paul Customs. I have a 73 that the neck on it blows away any other guitar I've ever played.

Must be the reason Randy played one!!!

Re-frets are ok but don't quite seem to have the burn the fret board up bliss, ( a buddy has 14 all re-fretted) it's something about those original frets that kill, and the Shaw and T top pickups are no slouch. 10 lbs isn't that heavy. Of coarse it will cost you about 2 1/2 grand to get one.

• Members

stay away from maple necked guitars... too bright... the prs mccarty is tight... thicker body, nick neck and not heavy..... find a 245 series and you can have a lp scale if not, most prsi are 25" scale..... whats your price range..? i know some cool builders..... dave

• Members

Maybe try out a Jackson Dominion? Still won't be a paul but it'l have the jackson neck and its a got a body closer to paul. I havn't played one yet but i'm curious.

These are phenomenal guitars; I had one and it was amazing. I got rid of it because I wasn't happy with having a main guitar with just 22 frets.

Archived