tangerine

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Analog Kid

damn you guys are optimistic.
:D

Not me. Summer NAMMS are often dull and this year will be no exception. I predict no surprises.

The CME controllers are looking good and multiplying like rabbits - two new models have just been announced. All other controller makers look like they are standing still in comparison.

+1 on the 76-key "Novation X-Station 76" that acoustictones is dreaming of. The X-Station is still the leading bang-for-the-buck VA/controller/interface and I suspect Novation will try to build on it's success somehow, but not this month.

No cheerleaders at Summer NAMM - just the usual eye candy at the Gemini booth... :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by Analog Kid

damn you guys are optimistic.
:D

Ditto The Pro...there ae predictions and wishes...big difference.

I get excited at every show, but I try not to get my hopes up for Summer NAMM.

But we can still WISH...perhaps it will help give the manufactures a good idea of what we really want :D

• Members

Summer NAMM will probably be pretty damned boring, especially for us keys people. Maybe one or two little surprises, but I wouldn't expect anything from the major companies. I hope maybe there'll be a "Virus TI Shipping" and an "Alesis Fusion Shipping", but that's about all I espect.

Kiru

• Members

- Virus TI shipping (please, please, please!)
- How about a Jupiter/Juno/TB/TR card for Vsynth?
- I'd love to see a VA with Sliders (not knobs), JP9000 would be sweet...
- Kurzweil K3000V (plug-in)

• Members
Originally posted by urbanscallywag

Yeah, kind of like standardized MIDI CC numbers...wait a second...
:(

Not good enough. Not by a long shot. If it were, every controller would work seamlessly out of the box with every softsynth.

• Members
Originally posted by The Pro

The CME controllers are looking good and multiplying like rabbits - two new models have just been announced. All other controller makers look like they are standing still in comparison.

+1 on the 76-key "Novation X-Station 76" that acoustictones is dreaming of. The X-Station is still the leading bang-for-the-buck VA/controller/interface and I suspect Novation will try to build on it's success somehow, but not this month.

Good points! I do think Novation will have to be aggressive to compete with CME--perhaps they will lower their prices on the Remote series? And perhaps Edirol will stop being so cheap and will add aftertouch to their PCR's? One can dream. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Spectre84

How about a new Yamaha VA to challenge other entry level successes?

How about a new Yamaha VL? Polyphonic?

*thump* *thump* Is this thing on?

I didn't think so...

Archived