Charvel Model 5FX

Bengal

• Members

I actually don't like to use tone knobs, which is why I usually turn them all the way off. But if the pickups are too bright then you're pretty much out of luck. So, I'm hearing you say that there is not an issue with this guitar sounding overly bright, right?

Oh and here is another one in the mid $400 range, that sold in late 07.

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-19987-Charvel-Model-5FX-Neck-thru-Metal-Guitar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You have to love a person who gives "advise" then shows he knows nothing about the guitar in question then uses the thread as a way to prove some kind of "point".

Tell you what, since I like you so much, I'll sell it to you for $900, everyone else pays $700 plus shipping and no paypal. Paypal sucks balls.

Now if you don't mind, I have a date with a Blu-Ray copy of The Shining.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said $500, where did you get that number?

• Members

You have to love a person who gives "advise" then shows he knows nothing about the guitar in question then uses the thread as a way to prove some kind of "point".

Tell you what, since I like you so much, I'll sell it to you for $900, everyone else pays $700 plus shipping and no paypal. Paypal sucks balls.

Now if you don't mind, I have a date with a Blu-Ray copy of The Shining.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said $500, where did you get that number?

Yes, and you have to love someone who won't state a price, wants to get people who buy gear here on Harmony Central to pay more than he's trying to sell it for on CL and generally plays hide the ball with his sale. And then asks where I came up with the $500 price in an ad HE placed?!? Oh and let's not forget letting it be known earlier in this thread that he was selling it for considerably more than the $485 I pointed out a very similar one sold for. Yea, $15 is considerably more. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy when it's time to buy the item, knowing you got such an up front, good deal. :facepalm:

2350421020103575343S600x600Q85.jpg

And just for the record I actually was generally interested in this guitar and had you simply and honestly just come on here and said you were asking $500 firm, like your CL ad, it would probably already be sold.

• Members

HA! Nice one. Yep, I was asking that. But you know what? Your approach made me decide it was priced too low.

You don't like how I worded MY ad? Tough {censored}. It's my ad. Don't like my price? Tough {censored}, move along.

About the price, if someone wants this, they will pay for it. If not, I'll keep it. You must not have read the post where I said I don't NEED to sell it so I'm not motivated by gas or by need for money. Again, don't like it? Tough {censored}.

I already knew after your first post that I would rather give myself a papercut on my peehole than sell this guitar to you.

Next time try PM'ing your displeasure. Or don't, I could care less. I'll argue with you all night.

• Members

And another point, nothing is selling on this site anyway. Notice that?

I could ask $400 for this guitar and it probably wouldn't sell just like it won't sell for $700.

Again, as I stated before, I mainly float stuff out here for trade because again, {censored} isn't selling here.

• Members

How about this? If you want drive to my house and pick it up, I'll sell it to you for $500. BUT, if you want me to ship it and paypal and all that {censored}, it's going to cost you a bit more. Make sense?

I'm ignoring The Shining for this? What the {censored} is wrong with me?

• Members

I have a 550xl and have to say I love it the 5FX is pretty much the same guitar

Unforunatly nothing is selling at a good price right now, I bought mine 3 yrs ago for $350 but the price has gone up in the last few yrs.

Good luck hope you get someone who knows what these can do

• Members

I can't help it man, the idiocy around here is astounding.

I try to stay to myself but when "know it alls" like this guy come out and try to "gorilla warfare" my threads then it's on.

{censored}in' fish in a barrel man.

I do have to hand it to him though, this was the most fun I've had all week.

• Members

2060560960103575343S425x425Q85.jpg

You are SO in denial dude. You got called out, exposed and owned in your own thread and now you are gloating about 'fish in a barrel' - really it's more than denial, it's delusional. But I have to hand it to you, it was the most fun I had this week too and I love the color of that Charvel, you know, the one that just can't seem to make it back to the closet where it's gonna triple in value for you! :poke:

• Members

:deadhorse:

You are SO in denial dude. You got called out, exposed and owned
in your own thread
and now you are gloating about 'fish in a barrel' - really it's more than denial, it's delusional. But I have to hand it to you, it was the most fun I had this week too and I love the color of that Charvel, you know, the one that just can't seem to make it back to the closet where it's gonna triple in value for you! :poke:

I got your back on this one DL... Brap Brap

:snax:

• Members

Where was that when I really wanted to argue with you?

Kinda late now. I was in the mood 2 days ago.

Called out with what? You wanted me to sell it to you for what I'd sell it to someone who would come to my house and pick it up? Who's delusional?

Let me give YOU some advise, since you are so good at giving it to others. Next time you want to actually BUY something (because that's why your panties are in a bunch, I didn't have a price and you really wanted to buy it) don't give advise to the person selling it.

Called out? Because of the criagslist ad? Again, you want to come to my house, I'll sell it to you for $500. I'm still waiting for an answer to that one.

But if I have to ship, that's $50 extra.

Want me to take paypal? That's another $50 because I hate paypal more than I hate internet post board trolls with no money.

OK, where are we now? $600. What I would have taken if someone would have offered it to me.

Does that make sense to anyone other than this asshole? Am I the only one rooted in reality here.

Again, sorry you blew it on this guitar. I see you are upset because you can't buy it. Get over it.

Nice picture too, just cements in my mind that I'm probably dealing with a 15 year old.

This guitar is already back in the closet. I would rather smash it to little pieces and post the video the JCF than sell it to you.

And I'll be here all day and if an arguement is really what you want, lets do this in PM's. That way your not posturing infront of a percieved audience that really doesn't care what we have to say. I'll give you my phone number and we can talk like men about this. You know, because you type slower than old people {censored}.

Archived