John Lennon EJ-160E Epiphone for sale

fd943

• Members

Hey Steve,

Bought this one thinking I would use it more than I do, but I just don't play it enough to justify keeping it. Truth is, I was going to use it on the weekends as my take out guitar, but it's just too nice of a guitar. The finish is really beautuful, and I would hate to scratch it, or worst yet, have someone else scratch it. I found and bought and old Yamaha FG-160E that is my main take out guitar now. Basicly, Yamaha's version of this guitar. I really love the way an acoustic looks with those knobs on the front. Go to the Larrivee forum, and look in the discussion forums under other guitar makers, and the thread I started there about Japan tan label guitars. Has the story, and pictures. Sound of this guitar reminds me somewhat of and Advanced Jumbo, but with an old-time vibe. Really hard to tell someone else what I hear. I think there are a couple of user reviews here on this website that might be more helpful. I think that the action is fine, and it plays really good to me. I lowered the saddle a little, and put new strings on it when I got it, but other than that, I have left it alone. It has a single coil humbucker pickup in it, I think, so alot of the way it will sound will depend on how and what you run it through. I only plugged it in to a Fender amp for about 5mins to test it out, so I can't really comment too much on the sound. Sorry for the long-winded reply, but maybe this will help clear up a few things

Archived