Godin Acousticaster w/ OHSC

Buck62

• Members

I wasn't sure if I should list this as an electric or acoustic, so I listed it both ways, since it's actually half of one and half of the other. 209192.gif

Anyway, I have a Godin Acousticaster 6 with a matching Godin Acousticaster hardshell case that's in mint condition. It's basically a Canadian-made (American assembled) chambered Tele that sounds like an acoustic but plays like an electric. Great for live gigs, which is actually it's main intent, but also sounds great in the studio. It does phenomenal acoustic tone (without any hum or feedback!) and lets you tear it up on acoustic leads. It sounds like a plugged-in Taylor but plays like a Fender Telecaster with a fast neck.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinacousticaster.htm

My wife bought this guitar for me 9 years ago as a birthday present when I played in an acoustic-jam trio. But the trio broke up a few gigs later and I don't play live very often these days, so I can't justify keeping it anymore. It still has the plastic on the back and you can barely tell it from a new one. It's only seen limited studio use for the past 9 years.

This guitar was hand-signed for me by one of my favorite bands (Dada - of the "DizzkneeLand" fame) but it can easily be removed if you don't want it there. I can do it before shipping it, or you can do it yourself.

Acousticasters cost around $1,000 brand new these days with a gig bag. Mine includes the optional hardshell case.

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/GODIN__CASTER_DLX_NA_RN.html

The only decent pics I have right now are the ones that show Michael Gurley, Joey Calio and Phil Leavitt of Dada signing it after a concert here in Chicago.

P4190064.jpg

P4190068.jpg

P4190061.jpg

And here's the climate-controlled (humidified) cabinet where it's always been kept, except when taken out to play. I take very good care of my guitars!!

P3150880.jpg

I'm looking for $550 - shipped and insured - or offer??

I'd be interested in a trade for a G&L S-500, Legacy, or similar 'S-S-S' G&L guitar, especially if it's a blueburst!

My Ebay user name is jamminu62 and I have perfect feedback, including comments about how well I pack guitars.

• Members

The Acousticaster:

* Rock maple neck

* 3-Dimensional L.R. Baggs preamp and transducer system

* Solid spruce top

* Smaller, lighter Telecaster style body

The A6:

* Mahogany neck

* Godin preamp/transducer system

* Cedar top

* Larger body of original design

The Acousticaster gives a wider range of tone because of the superior 3-dimensional L.R. Baggs preamp/transducer sysytem (18 tuned metal tines), maple neck and spruce top. It does the brighter acoustic tone (that's been popular for the past 10 years in major recordings) much better. The Baggs system sounds much fuller, richer and larger than the Godin system. The Acousticaster's body is smaller and lighter and has a more true electric feel, especially with the maple neck.

• Members
I have a Simon & Patrick 6 string acoustic and a Seagull 12 - string acoustic/electric. There are both from the Godin company. Awesome guitars:

see this article:
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/story.html?id=eeb1a023-d83d-4f77-a295-d059bb4b1862

Yep, no doubt about it.

Godin and it's subdivisions (Seagull, S & P, Art & Lutherie) make excellent, high-quality, great sounding guitars!! :thu:

• Members

Well, I've had several PM's of "interest" on this guitar, but no solid follow-ups, so I'll tell you what... I'll drop the price to a bottom line of $440 + shipping to to the USA (lower 48 states). Let's just call it $460 (total - shipped) with the afformentioned hardshell case and new straplock system. Payment by PayPal only. I just put it up on Craigslist, so if you want it, now's the time to make your move... or it may be gone.

This guitar is a 9.8 out of 10 overall and cosmetically "perfect"... like brand new. I haven't been able to take pics because the wife informed me she messed up the lens on her digital camera. The only other pic I got is from a group shot of some of my old guitars. It would be a couple days before I can get new pics because I'll have to borrow a camera to do it. Check my Ebay feedback (jamminu62 - 100% positive) for reference. Notice the extra nice commentary from all my buyers.

Anyway, here's the group pic...

P3040009-1.jpg

Sorry, but I won't go any lower on this one. I'll just keep it if it doesn't sell, or maybe Ebay it somewhere down the road, I'm in no hurry. It only weighs about 4 lbs, so it's real easy on the back and shoulders, which is important if your an old fart like me. :D

• Members
Hey, Old Fart - do you still have the acousticaster? I am brand new to this forum and just found the listing for your acousticaster. Please respond and let me know if it is still available.

Thanks,

AOF (Another Old Fart)

Sorry, fellow old fart, she just got...

SOLD!!

Thanx for asking! :)

Archived