James goodall acoustic guitar (top quality)

chrisgil

• Members

One of my ex-GF's bought a Goodall direct from James. He custom built it. One day she was in the studio and tuned up and set the guitar down in a guitar stand. She was mic'd as well as going direct.

Well, as she was getting ready to walk out the booth, I'm in the control room and the engineer is cussing and dropping faders one after the other real fast..... and I asked him what he was freaking out about. He said " I cannot find where that f^%@&*G feedback is coming from."

You could hear this really low tone ringing and finally he figured it out. It was the flipping guitar sustaining. I {censored} you not. She had inadvertently plucked the low E as she set it down in the stand and the guitar just sustained that note forever. I mean a really long time. He was talking to her over the talkback when she set the guitar down and did not hear her pluck the string.

You know how engineers jump on something like that and move very fast to kill it before it possibly goes berserk and also to not look like an idiot? So yeah, this was not perpetual motion or anything....:lol: .....this all went down in a minute or so. But much, much longer than a "normal" guitar would ring.

She actually told me that as much as she loved the guitar, in some passages the sustain was too much.

Beautiful guitars though. I wish I could afford one.

Archived