Donations for Kids Please?

dbonanzam

• Members

Hi Everyone. If you remember back a month or 2 ago, I posted for donations for musical instruments for an annual project that My wife and I head off in Vermont at her Elementary School. I put a hold on the donations until we knew for sure how the year was going to go and it looks like we gonna do it again this year. Here's what it's all about:

MY wife and I (both teachers) donate our time and band to teach the students at Leicester (pronounced lester) Central Elementary School, in Leicester, Vermont how to play instruments, and perform in a rock and roll band. The name of the program is "The Leicester Rock & Roll Chorus". Each year, we get about 15 or 20 elementary school students to learn how to play guitars, amps, bass, drums, keyboards, and vocals, and in the spring, they give a concert for the community, and we let them keep the instruments that get donated. Our band, "Distant Thunder" backs them (as little as possible - more like supports them when needed) during the performance

We are looking for donations for guitars, amps, basses, keyboards, drums, percussion, even PA stuff - in any condition (I'll fix 'em up if they're fixable) that we can give these kids. The Leicester school is a very poor school and has no funds to support this program - it is supported 100% by donations from generous people. Those who donate will receive a CD of the performance next spring. This is a very good and important cause - as we all know how important music is in our lives. We're really in need of a Guitar Synth if anyone get's the calling to donate one ;o) Thanks for everything.

I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY EMAILS AFTER 3:PM TODAY UNTIL MONDAY EVENING - I'M GOING OUT OF TOWN AND NO COMPUTERS!!! (finally)

Denny

• 4 weeks later...

Archived