AMPEG V4 FULL STACK Sale or Trade!

orclung666

• Members

Yeah I'm new to this board. I think 1000 Dollars is a fair price. These heads normally go for just under 600 and two of these cabs with the original speakers for 400 is a pretty good deal to me. That's a little less than I paid for it and I retubed it recently, I'd rather hold on to it then get rid of it for a loss. I wanna try a new set-up, but I'm not at a loss for cash or in a big hurry. You can check my feedback on ebay. Plus since this is such a big item I prefer local pickup, but you are more than welcome to come to my house and try it out. Like i said, I'm not here to rip anyone off, but I'm not trying to rip myself off either. If it doesn't work out I'll split everything up and see how it goes. Thanks.

• Members

i feel ya man, but i've seen v-4s for alot less than 600 bucks. the main thing is that it's hard to find them in good working condition. from all i've gathered, they use some oddball tubes and run at some ridiculously high voltage and alot of amp techs don't like working on them. the cabs are definitely a great deal though! that thing would be a hellride to ship.

why the move to a 900? i think a v-4 probably kicks about the same amount of ass if not more for the sheer volume of that thing!

• Members

Im going to be playing through two jcm 900's. One 4100 (I already own) and one 2100 both with EL 34's through an Electric amp innovations 6x12. I'm playing higher gain stuff now and I need a higher gain amp. The tone of the 900's fit what I'm doing now alot better and two of them gives me enough volume. I was using the V-4 for ambient type stuff (www.myspace.com/monumentmusic) I recorded the guitar tracks on there with that amp. The V-4 I have is in really good condition and the tubes are pretty easy to get ahold of. They have them in stock at tubedepot.com. The V-4 takes pedals better than any other amp I've ever heard. Anyway, I'm just cleaning getting rid of some stuff I don't still use to help fund my new rig.

• Members
Originally posted by orclung666

Im going to be playing through two jcm 900's. One 4100 (I already own) and one 2100 both with EL 34's through an Electric amp innovations 6x12. I'm playing higher gain stuff now and I need a higher gain amp. The tone of the 900's fit what I'm doing now alot better and two of them gives me enough volume. I was using the V-4 for ambient type stuff (
www.myspace.com/monumentmusic
) I recorded the guitar tracks on there with that amp. The V-4 I have is in really good condition and the tubes are pretty easy to get ahold of. They have them in stock at tubedepot.com. The V-4 takes pedals better than any other amp I've ever heard. Anyway, I'm just cleaning getting rid of some stuff I don't still use to help fund my new rig.

YES! Good to see more people checking out the Electric Amp 6x12's. I have the first one they made (the Orange one on their site) and it is by far the best cabinet I have ever owned.

But back on point. I reaaaally want the 2 Ampeg cabinets you're selling.

• Members

Ah yeah! I've got one of those brutes too! My bassist has it at the moment running through a 2x15, it also sounds wicked with an 8x10!

Why not keep it and run a line out from your 900 to use it's preamp as an "overdrive" in front of the Ampeg? You'll cover a lot more frequencys with 2 heads that are different than doubling up on the same sound. I used to do that with a 2 channel Dual Rec laving out into a Marshall Superbass. it sounded nothing short of monserous!

Oh and you can have the V4 biased for 6L6's quite easily!

Archived