Amsterdam Synth Shops

• Members

in utrecht there's a great store called 'the music house'. Feedback is big, but they're kinda GC-like. TMH is specialized in analog stuff, check out their site at

www.the-music-house.com if I'm correct.

In amsterdam there's only smaller shops...amsterdam really isn't that large itself :D. The train connection to Utrecht is very good, and TMH is close to the station. YOu might want to check out utrecht as a city as well since it has the charm of amsterdam without the trashiness.

• Members

oh hell, yeah get stoned and laid and drink alcohol. Holland's single aspects for american tourists. If you don't want to understand a bit of Europe I strongly suggest you stay away from it. I've spent many many rail trips from Berlin to my Uni or whatever appointment in Holland next to giggling USA girls 'doing europe', i.e. seeing every single city for a day and a half or so. They think it's all a bit like a dirty version of disneyland.

maybe we should've never traded New York for Suriname, we could have made something out of the place.

• Members

Originally posted by Roald

The Music House

I got my Ion there and it was all fine & dandy, but no touching the analog gear unless you really intended to buy anything. Shame, there was a rather nice Jupiter 6 there :(. And a Synthex. And a PPG. But, no playing. This of course could be different if you don't look like a poor student ;).

• Members

oh hell, yeah get stoned and laid and drink alcohol. Holland's single aspects for american tourists. If you don't want to understand a bit of Europe I strongly suggest you stay away from it. I've spent many many rail trips from Berlin to my Uni or whatever appointment in Holland next to giggling USA girls

You mean to say that the ONLY people there are giggling American tourists? Really Roald, you (and a few others) shouldn't always be so quick to show your disdain -- Many of us here are actually educated, have a heart and soul, and don't agree at all with the government policies -- Stereotype thinking is a rather mindless headset, wouldn't you agree? -- Peace --

• Members

Interestingly, I just never met any American tourist on the train that knows Vincent van Gogh. Sorry, about my touchy response, but it's always the 'hey let's go get stoned and see the hookers!' thing coming up which is imho also quite a sign of disdain. And...it's mainly because of tourists that parts of Amsterdam are under a 'green happy cloud', not because of the Dutch themselves. Believe me, in my uni-city Enschede, close to the German border, it was just the same because of German tourists.

[/hijack]

• Members

Nothing, except that's the only thing they do. Always a bit pathetic to see groups of Brits and Americanos getting boozed and stoned because they can only do it over here :)

But back on topic: Amsterdam doesn't have any really good synthshops that are worth your while. as some previous posters stated: take a day to go to Utrecht, quick trainride, good synthshops, and (imho) a more fun city than Amsterdam

• Members

Interestingly, I just never met any American tourist on the train that knows Vincent van Gogh. Sorry, about my touchy response, but it's always the 'hey let's go get stoned and see the hookers!' thing coming up which is imho also quite a sign of disdain. And...it's mainly because of tourists that parts of Amsterdam are under a 'green happy cloud', not because of the Dutch themselves. Believe me, in my uni-city Enschede, close to the German border, it was just the same because of German tourists.

[/hijack]

I also say 'hey let's go get stoned and see the hookers!' when I'm there but I know who Van Gogh is and I'm not american... Anyway, maybe you are a bit uptight, don't you think ? I really liked visiting the Van Gogh museum while tripping on various substances. It was great.

• Members

Thanks guys. Just landed. Unfortunately I'm here for work (IBC show) so it will be hard for me to take a train out of town without getting caught by the boss.

FWIW it got the "dope and whores" out of my system many years ago, which is a good thing. I'll keep an eye out for those horrible tourists while I'm here :)

• Members

do check out a nice club (in 'my days', dunno if they're still good) called Meander near the Rembrandtplein (http://www.cafemeander.com). They used to have great live acts, like the New Cool Collective and Zuco103. And..have indonesian food..as indonesia used to be a dutch colony (not so proud of that) there are quite a few indonesians with so called 'chinese' restaurants..which have no chinese but indonesian stuff. Have a 'rijsttafel', then you get a table full of samples of everything.

Archived