SPAM: Peavey WINDSOR-$325 Shipped

nyck

• Members

Up for sale is a perfect condition Peavey Windsor head. Here are the specs from Peavey's site:

100 watts

Three 12AX7 pre-amp tubes

Four EL34 power tubes

Single channel

Footswitchable gain boost

Three-band EQ

Footswitchable effects loop

Master volume

Patented A-A/B Texture knob

Presence control

Resonance control

Hi/low inputs

It is basically a single channel marshall JCM800 type clone. It sounds really awesome for what it does.

Price is 325 shipped.

1002270tc5.jpg

1002273uf1.jpg

• Members

• Members

nope, no mics to record with...

it sounds like a jcm800 pretty much

Here are some reviews:

"I've been looking for a good head for a while and was convinced by reviews that this head was the worlds greatest. Well, it's not. Its OK, at best, for some good ol classic rock but thats it. I've got a prs and so i know its not my guitar. But when I play through this head the tones are harsh and I get this weird noise that I can't seem to describe but it only happens when I pick notes. Oh and as far as noise goes, even with the volume on the guitar turned down near no electronics, it sounds like your holding the guitar right infront of a computer monitor. Horrible. I HIGHLY recomend that you try to play this before you buy it. Now I have to send it back, what a waste of money!"

"Features : 5

2006 production amp. Basic like an old Marshall. Rock amp for the one trick pony type of player.

Sound Quality : 1

Not a clean amp, mild overdrive to wild zingy distortion. Like an old Marshall but not sweet sounding, kind of harsh really. Reminds me of the Valveking stuff. Chinese buzzy overdrive. Very disappointed in this actually.

Reliability : No Opinion

Peavey is usually superb in this area, but they used to be all USA made products. Now they have gone with China just like most of the rest of USA producers, so we'll see what happens. China will probably improve over time, just like old Japan stuff used to be considered junk, now it's highly respected. Will take time, if the USA economy can withstand losing all of it's labor to China that is.

Customer Support : No Opinion

Don't know, never tried.

Overall Rating : 2

Not impressed with this product, and I waited a LONG TIME for it to finally become available. I wonder if the early unreleased ones sounded better, but in the interest of lower cost they took forever to release this, and ended up with a sub-standard product? Just can't believe Peavey would do this to us. But it just seems to be more common place these days in the interest of higher profit. I guess you get what you pay for right?

Posted by Mistreated from Santa Rosa, CA on Mar 24, 2007"

"Features : 8

Sound Quality : 1

O.K., so I tried 3 of them, even had one at home that I tried with all my cabinets. I really wanted to love this amp because I love its features. I would like an amp that sounds like a hot rodded JCM 800, including the resonance control, send return jacks, etc. But this thing just does not work for me!

The Overdrive just sounds as if someone built a compressor into the amp that you just cannot turn off, no dynamics at all!

Rolling down the volume on the guitar? Forget it! It just does not work, it makes the sound even worse by adding odd harmonics, I cannot believe this! The first thing of a one channel amp is that it cleans up nicely when rolling down the guitar volume.

What is going on here?

Please take these amps back to the workbench and make them playable! Does Peavey have a quality check in China after all?

Reliability : No Opinion

Customer Support : No Opinion

Overall Rating : 1

I am playing for 29 years now and had all kinds of amps, from Marshalls to Fenders to Soldanos and Boogies, you name it!

One of my favourite amps at the moment is the Peavey JSX, it sounds really great, in fact it sounds so good that I cannot believe that Peavey builts S... like the Windsor, even the Bandit sounds so much better..... I would not buy this amp, sorry, no way!

"

• Members

The Windsors arent that bad at all. I say theres plenty of User error out there in the amp world that causes some of these reviews.

I played the Windsor and the Marshall Mode 4x12 bottom and it sounded pretty damn good for a very low $$$ and newer tube amp.

Sure its not a 800 but can get some good rock/metal tones and at less than cranking volumes and balls out.

• Members

They sure do there honkie. And the reviews on these amps is they suck.

They sell on eBay for $240 and people are DUMPING them....just like you, sucker.

I don't see one deal there that is better than this one after shipping, and the fact that you don't have to deal with eGay is a huge plus IMO.

I've played around with this amp at the local dealer, and I'll say it again; if you can't get good tones out of this head than you should likely not be blaming the amp for your short-comings.

• Members

They sure do there honkie. And the reviews on these amps is they suck.

They sell on eBay for $240 and people are DUMPING them....just like you, sucker.

http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=so&sbrftog=1&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=peavey+windsor&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=L7L+7G9&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&fis=2&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

honkie? sucker?

kinda low to call him names.

sure the amp might not be all that great to YOUR ears (i'm not one to judge it, as i've never played one) , but how bout showing some respect to the OP. ? :thu:

all he's doing is trying to sell an amp.

• Members

honkie? sucker?

kinda low to call him names.

sure the amp might not be all that great to YOUR ears (i'm not one to judge it, as i've never played one) , but how bout showing some respect to the OP. ?
:thu:
all he's doing is trying to sell an amp.

What he's trying to do is unload an amp with bad reviews to someone unsuspecting. Snake oil salesman, but the troops are buying it.

Archived