Vintage Mesa Mark III testing waters

guitarbilly74

• Members

I have this early model Mark III (s/n 151113) that I want to trade for a different amp head. I don't have a specific amp in mind so make me an offer. I'm not interested in any Peaveys or Carvins or Crates or anything at that level...

But I'm open to any other reasonable offers.

I'm just testing waters at this point..just trying to see what's out there... I love this amp and it sounds great, but I just get bored with my amps after a while.

markfront.jpg

• Members

Some more info about this amp: it is a simul-class, short head with reverb. No EQ but it's better to use a pedal EQ anyway( pedal EQs have more band plus master level control). Amp was recently re tubed (power amp only) with Mesa 6L6s. In great condition considered it is older than most HC members:D

The amp sounds great, awesome lead tones a la John Sykes, Neal Schon Gary Moore etc.. and with a EQ tru the loop it nails that late 80's/early 90's thrash tone (Machine head, Forbidden, Testament etc... you know what I'm talking about)

This is one of the first Mk III ever made (call Mesa and check the s/n) and the production almost overlaps with the MKIIC+. The amp will certainly increase in value with time.

Not really interested to sell and I'm not sure I even to trade it but I'm open to the idea.

Archived