FS: VHT Deliverance 60 and Peavey 5150

mparsons

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I can take some pictures. It's practically in new condition, I can't find any dings or marks on it at all.

As for clips, I don't have any that really show off how good the amp sounds. I'm living in a dorm and can't really crank it for long enough to get a good clip going.

For an idea of what it sounds like... Think really tight and organic. It sounds like a modern version of a classic amp if that means anything. It's very unique sounding, hard to compare really..

• Members

Arghh Musicians Friend is wrong :mad:

It's single channel. It's got a More/Less gain switch though, that might be what confused them.

It cleans up REALLY well with the volume knob rolled down. Very natural, not dark like my 5150 was with a backed off gain channel.

It's very clear and very articulate. The closest sound I would say that it resembles is possibly Death on "Individual Thought Patterns" except with less fizz, more body, and more clarity. I'd say its perfect for thrash. It handles really fast palm muted notes very well.

As for the tubes, I have no way of knowing whether or not they are new. The amp sounds really good, and the previous owner had changed out the tubes himself.

Archived