New Beats for Alesis SR-16?

GigMan

• Members

Does anyone have a source where I could download or even buy some new beats for my Alesis SR-16 drum machine? :eek::confused:

It has some great sounds and I really like the fact that I can use Start/Stop & Fill features w/foot pedals, making it ideal for live use.

The stock beat patterns, however, are pretty lame - and missing some "bread & butter" beats I need for gigs: a waltz beat, a 12/8 oldies beat, an basic dance beat like the beat for "Do You Love Me" by The Contours or the "Twist & Shout" beat, which is roughly the same only tempo is slower...

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Jeff da Weasel

Um... can't you
make
some new beats? The SR-16 is fully programmable.

- Jeff

Have made 'em in the past - I made a killer beat for "Wonderful Tonite" in fact. But don't have time or inclination to write any more now.

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Have made 'em in the past - I made a killer beat for "Wonderful Tonite" in fact. But don't have time or inclination to write any more now.

The tools are there use them .... otherwise "no comment".

Just get a sampler and {censored}load of loop CD's and why bother buying a drum machine in the first place :rolleyes:

• Members

I think its horrible to make beats on that thing... I'd rather program a DX7

Personally, I think that the SR-16 is very easy to program. Had several sessions where we program beats on the fly.

I can't do this on my AN200.

Also, about 10 years ago, I bought some commercial patterns for the SR-16. Served me well. I think the company was called Sound to Sound. Don't know if they are still around.

• Members

I find the pads too rubbery and unresponsive... I think programming drums is much more satisfying in something like Reason or even on the MOTIF in pattern mode...

Of course, nowadays I'd just as well prefer top get my drummer to do it all... he is an excellent drum programmer too... his drum fills are fabulous.. :)

Archived