FS: Mojave Scorpion w/ PPIMV.

Jack71

• Members

PRICE DROP: $1,525.00 shipped and paypaled.

This is my third Scorpion (can you tell I love these amps? Lol!) This one is a little extra special, however. It's been upgraded with a type 2 (Ken Fischer designed) PPIMV. It sounds WAY better than the stock power dampening. The amp stays tight and crunchy even at lower volumes unlike the power dampening which tended to mush up a bit. The work was performed by Carl Esparza, the lead tech at Tone Merchants and as you can see from the pictures it was a pro job all the way. Carl also changed the value of one resistor slightly to allow V3 (tube right before the PI) to clip a little more. No drilling was required as Carl simple used the existing power dampening knob. Everything is easily and completely reversible, but I doubt you're going to want to change it.

The amp is in overall great condition and sounds fantastic. Something's caught my eye though and unfortunately, I can't afford to keep everything. You guys know the drill...

Since I'm trying to move this quickly I'm only asking $1,599 shipped and paypaled, which is what this amp would be worth without the upgrades.

PPIMV_Scorp1.jpg

PPIMV_Scorp2.jpg

PPIMV_Scorp3.jpg

Archived