FT: Carvin Vintage 16 w/ UK V30 for 2x12 or 2x10 8 ohm cab - NYC area

kojdogg

• Members

I have a Carvin Vintage16 (earlier version with UK made V30) in excellent condition w/ about 15 hours of use on it that I could offer in trade for a nice 2x12 or 2x10 cab. I dig the Vintage 16 a lot, but I just got an Orange Tiny Terror and a pimped out Epi Valve Jr, so something's got to go.

I'm looking for something in the realm of Avatar, Lopoline, Ear Candy, possibly nicer. I'd prefer V30's, Hellatones, nice Webers, but would be interested to hear what you have.

I'm new here, but I have 100% feedback on ebay as koj-dogg FWIW and buy and sell like a madman on several other forums. Local seems to make the most sense in case anyone is interested.

Thanks!

• Members

Trying to keep this local right now, but I'll update this thread if that changes. Thanks for the buy/trade interest from folks!

Incidentally, if anyone wants the the amp w/o the speaker (but with everything else of course), I might be willing to deal that and possibly even ship if I can't find a local deal.

• Members

These are sweet little amps. Everytime someone comes over to my place to try out a guitar I'm selling, I pull out this amp to have them demo it through. Everybody is totally surpised at what a cool little amp it is and everyone leaves with the guitar :thu:(so far!). Has a 5 watt triode mode for practice or studio too. Easily loud enough to play with a band at a small club or bar in the full power mode. And you can always mic it for bigger gigs. I have a ton of small tube amps including a '62 brown Deluxe, an old Ampeg SuperbReverb, a Zinky Blue Velvet 25, a tweed Champ, a Marshall Studio 15, and some misc. Sanos, Silvertones, etc. and I will tell you, this ones a keeper. Plus I don't mind dragging out to a gig, something I'm not likely to do with the Deluxe.

• Members
These are sweet little amps. Everytime someone comes over to my place to try out a guitar I'm selling, I pull out this amp to have them demo it through. Everybody is totally surpised at what a cool little amp it is and everyone leaves with the guitar
:thu:
(so far!). Has a 5 watt triode mode for practice or studio too. Easily loud enough to play with a band at a small club or bar in the full power mode. And you can always mic it for bigger gigs. I have a ton of small tube amps including a '62 brown Deluxe, an old Ampeg SuperbReverb, a Zinky Blue Velvet 25, a tweed Champ, a Marshall Studio 15, and some misc. Sanos, Silvertones, etc. and I will tell you, this ones a keeper. Plus I don't mind dragging out to a gig, something I'm not likely to do with the Deluxe.

Thanks for the V16 testimonial! It is a great amp and I may ultimately just keep it and get it hasserl modded, but for now it's still available. I have had a good amount of local interest, but CL folks are a bit flakey. I may end up being willing to ship if anyone is interested.

I also would expand trades to a new or mint 12" 8 or 16 ohm Weber Blue Dog or Eminence Red Fang + cash.

(bump) :thu:

Archived