My MS-20 demo, you decide

Trillian

• Members

Thanks Sheryl,

I understand the echo/delay stuff - it's the modulation patching I'm ignorant about. I'm not clued into what I think is the LFO patched to the filter/resonance or whatever to get the bubbling thing. Hoping someone could explain this to a synth novice. Thanks,

Peter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, i really could say exactly the same about you

Except that with me it doesn't end with either being banned or having pissed off a large part of the board to the point where I have to dissappear for a few months then come back with a new username, try to pretend I'm someone else, and then try to deny anything happened when I get rumbled, and then try to say 'I've turned over a new leaf' and I'm really nice now really and everyone is on my case.

How many times have you done that now? 10,12,15+? It's very tired.

• Members

Originally posted by niacin

Thanks Sheryl,

I understand the echo/delay stuff - it's the modulation patching I'm ignorant about. I'm not clued into what I think is the LFO patched to the filter/resonance or whatever to get the bubbling thing. Hoping someone could explain this to a synth novice. Thanks,

Peter

Well, I only normally use one patch cord on the MS20 and that is from the wheel to the frequency of osc 1 and 2 so I use it as a pitch wheel. The LFO on the MS20 comes from the 'modulation generator' section where you set the speed and waveform for the modulation and then the amount is set for each filter in the 'cutoff frequency modulation' sections. Basically you just start twisting knobs and stop when you get something you like :)

• Members

Totaly cool Sheryl. Chords? Melody? Structure? Is this some new style in London?:D

I never had an opportunity to play a real MS-20. I've really taken to the Legacy version and though I'm sure it isn't close to the real Ms-20l experience I like it for what it is. I use it mainly in polyphonic mode (because I can) and enjoy it's uniqueness as a non-Moog flavor generator which I 've got well covered other places.

Again your performance was extremely enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

• Members

Originally posted by Trillian

Well, I only normally use one patch cord on the MS20 and that is from the wheel to the frequency of osc 1 and 2 so I use it as a pitch wheel. The LFO on the MS20 comes from the 'modulation generator' section where you set the speed and waveform for the modulation and then the amount is set for each filter in the 'cutoff frequency modulation' sections. Basically you just start twisting knobs and stop when you get something you like
:)

Thanks Sheryl, exactly what I wanted to know.

Found your CD listed at Amazon, look forward to hearing it.

Thanks again,

Peter

:)

• Members

heres that patching trick Trillion and for all other interested MS'ers. Sorta Faux Duophonic ability:

KBD CV Out goes to Sample and Hold in,

Sample and Hold out goes to VCO2 CV In,

CLock in on the Sample and hold goes to whatever you want to use to hold the note. I use a footswitch, but the little switch in front of the pitch wheel (the jack right under the trigger out on the synth and right above the trigger out on the ESP) works well too.

enjoy :D

• Members

I thought it sounded good, just like an MS20 does. Sure the sound is thin in a way sorta, but in a good way not a bad one. Haha, normally I don't like your stuff very much trill but this one was decent enough.

To bad we have to deal with yet another ADSR/persona/clone/wanna be. I thought we were past that rediculousness. Guess not. :(

Archived