FS Framus Dragon

drop2_c

• Members

Up for sale is a 100w Framus Dragon Head and matching footswitch. Makes a great christmas gift!!

Dragon Head

A Dragon is a mythical beast that breathes fire, can soar through the skies and is nearly invincible. The Framus Dragon head is a very real guitar amplifier that shares some of the same characteristics as its reptilian namesake. This amp head, with its 100 watts of power and three switchable channels, can breathe more fire than you will ever need. Its creative parallel effects loop and integrated MIDI interface will give you the flexibility to soar way above its competition. Lastly, the Dragon head is hand-wired and built from time-tested components, ensuring that it will survive an eon of valiant battles. The Dragon guitar amplifier is truly a unique piece of equipment. Designed to provide tonal variety, performance durability and lots and lots of volume, the Dragon is destined to become a mainstay for touring guitarists from all walks of life. Are you ready to face the Dragon?

Price is $1250 + shipping and paypal fees

• Members

That's funny. Leo, your sound clips are misleading. They sound so good but I think it has more to do with the tonebone than the amp. I just built a slo clone and well...the dragon is pretty much a slo so I want to go the way of a powerball or maybe even the cae OD100 SE 3+. If you got something to trade let me hear it. I wouldnt mind a hi gain combo.

• Members

That's funny. Leo, your sound clips are misleading. They sound so good but I think it has more to do with the tonebone than the amp. I just built a slo clone and well...the dragon is pretty much a slo so I want to go the way of a powerball or maybe even the cae OD100 SE 3+. If you got something to trade let me hear it. I wouldnt mind a hi gain combo.

I was just boosting it with a Bad Monkey. Its like a $45 overdrive. The amp HAS to be boosted to sound in any way usable.

• Members

I use really low output pickups, that could be it? And I like a pretty tight feel.

Possibly. It just catches me off guard when I here that the amp is unusable without a boost. I prefer the lead channel boosted for super hotrodded metal tones but the clean is great without a boost obviously:) and the Crunch channel is killer as well. As a matter of fact, I really like the smoothness of the lead channel without a boost. It really screams. Very articulate.

For rhythms, I use a boost

Archived