FS/FT Soldano SLO Clone

skaaks

• Members

I got the chassis and head shell from Rob at c3amps.com. He's just starting out, but he's a great guy and has top quality parts. So far I've bought the chassis, head shell, and a set of O'netics transformers from him and they've all been amazing.

• Members

The O'netics trannys are $425 for the set and the chassis is $100. I am contemplating buying from C3 instead of Weber but I think I will go with the Heyboer trannys just because of the price. You are selling damn cheap for the high quality parts you are using. Are you using the military grade pots?Did you follow the pics on C3's website? It looks identical. Go sloclone!
Oh yea bump!

• Members

Does any On/Off Footswitch work for channel switching?

Yep, it's got a footswitch jack on the back for a single button channel switching footswitch. I didn't get around to making one for it, but just about any non-momentary footswitch will do.

• Members

The O'netics trannys are $425 for the set and the chassis is $100. I am contemplating buying from C3 instead of Weber but I think I will go with the Heyboer trannys just because of the price. You are selling damn cheap for the high quality parts you are using. Are you using the military grade pots?Did you follow the pics on C3's website? It looks identical. Go sloclone!

Oh yea bump!

I'm using a set of the O'netics for my next SLO build (which will use turret boards). They're some serious iron :) I swear, the choke alone is almost as big as the OT I used on this build.

I'd highly recommend C3 for anything you need. I'd say his stuff is at least 10 times nicer than the Weber stuff (especially the chassis and head shell). I bought a Weber SLO head shell and chassis earlier on, and it looks like trash compared to this one. I mean, the mounting holes on the Weber head shell don't even line up w/ the screw holes of the chassis! I'm probably going to end up using the Weber chassis and head shell for my second build, but I'd much rather have another of this set.

The pots are all Alpha, which aren't military grade but still pretty decent. I did use the pics on C3's site as a reference when doing my build. I had to do things a little bit differently because I used different transformers, but for the most part I followed his build. Best of luck on your build!

Archived