doepfer schaltwerk

mytee2.0

• Members

I haven't tried one, but it's been my impression that quite a few people who bought them are pissed at Doepfer for no longer working on the product. Apparently there are bugs, and some stuff was never finished.

I'm really into hardware sequencers, but I wasn't tempted by a Schwaltwerk.

• Members

Originally posted by renegadebliss

I personally purchased a Sequentix P3 as it's a MUCH better sequencer, but if your looking for one specifically, Analogue Haven has a used one:

Cheers,

Dave

P3 is a much more powerful sequencer. I think the allure to the Schwaltwerk is that it is less menu based - everything is there on the front panel, I think, for the most part.

Another sequencer that's in the same price range as the Schwaltwerk that's worth looking into is the Schrittmacher. I have one of these and a p3 - the p3 is much more powerful overall, but the Schrittmacher is much easier to work with in a lot of ways, and has features that the p3 doesn't have.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I have had two schaltwerks and rewrote the manual to real english. I also built my own operating system for it! But honestly, it is not worth the trouble. Doepfer stopped work on it for a reason... the 8051 based processor is not capable enough for many advanced features.

I would say, if you really love the schaltwerk idea, go for the octopus instead (or the nemo).

Here is my resource page for the schaltwerk (now abandoned)

http://www.socialentropy.com/schaltwerk/

Good luck!

ripe

Archived