1991 Fender Twin Reverb Commemorative Blackface (#186 of the first 300 Amps Reissued)

rlm297

• Members

Up for sale is my 1991 Fender Twin Reverb Commemorative Blackface (#186 of the first 300 Amps Reissued.)

Yes, you're reading that correct. This is the 186th Fender Twin Reverb Reissue ever made, one of the very first and what was intended to be one of the only ones made. In other words, Fender originally intended to only reissue 300 '65 Blackface Twin Reverbs and this was one of them.

In 1991, Fender (coming off of their hideous offerings in the late 70's and 80's) decided to go back to doing what they did best in the 60's and reissue in a very small batch, their finest product -- the mighty Twin Reverb.

Fender reissued their flagship amp the Blackface '65 Fender Twin Reverb in a small productuction of 300 amps in 1991 known as "Fender Twin Reverb Commemorative."

The first 300 limited edition reissues are impossible to find and were only originally offered to Fender dealers whom had aquired Diamond status.

Built from the specs of the original, these reissues were said to sound more like the originals than the newer mass-produced ones. (I'd imagine this was the definitely the case, as quality control on the first 300 Twin Reverb Reissues had to have been of utmost importance to a company looking to rebrand themselves as the legendary Fender of the 60's.)

After the release of the first 300, which undoubtably was a success, the rest was history and Fender started mass production of the Fender Twin Reverb Reissue we all know and love. The amp most popular amp found in venues, clubs, and studios worldwide.

As stated above, Commemoratives are extremely hard to find, as only the best Fender Dealers received them in 1991 and have all likely been snatched up by collectors and historians, or given as gifts to signed musicians.

This is in great working order and looks very clean, an all around great example of this rare amp. This amp sounds like it's 45 years old! All original except that the previous owner installed a master volume pot where the extension speaker jack was. It gives you that great "Fender Twin" sound with real volume control and no sacrifice in tone (see picture). Original foot switch is also included.

Also included is an ATA Aluminum Flight Case, which the amp has been stored and protected in (why the amp is in such great shape.) It will ship fully insured inside of the Flight Case to protect your investment.

$1200 Shipped OBO

This is the kind of amplifier I am hoping to sell/trade to the right buyer, someone who understands that this isn't by any means a run of the mill Guitar Center floor model or "weekend warrior" beer coaster that makes sound.

It would be cool to see this go to a signed guitarist or studio big wig, it always has struck me as that kind of amp.

Please PM me or reply below if interested. I can also be contacted at ROBT.MILLER at GMAIL dot com.

• 1 year later...

Archived