Breath Controller

erlic

• Members

I'm considering purchasing a breath controller for my Kurzweil K2500XS.

Is there anytning else (other than the breath controller) that I would need for the keyboard? I'm currently looking at the Yamaha models BC1, BC2 or BC3, depending which one is currently available.

Also, are there any other manufacturers to consider that make breath controllers?

Is the connection to keyboard difficult is straighforward, and is there any programming involved?

Thanks in advance, :)

• Members

i use a BC2 with a k2600 (among other pieces).

no, there's not much to them - just a sensitivity adjustment screw.

there's a small connector on the back of your 2500 and you just plug it in like a foot pedal.

i don't know if anyone besides yamaha makes a BC, but yamaha, akai, and maybe others make more sophisticated wind controllers that require practice and a fingering technique to use.

the only programming required is to program your BC as a source and set the amount.

• Members

Originally posted by mildbill

i use a BC2 with a k2600 (among other pieces).

no, there's not much to them - just a sensitivity adjustment screw.

there's a small connector on the back of your 2500 and you just plug it in like a foot pedal.

i don't know if anyone besides yamaha makes a BC, but yamaha, akai, and maybe others make more sophisticated wind controllers that require practice and a fingering technique to use.

the only programming required is to program your BC as a source and set the amount.

I don't know much about Kurzweil stuff, but certainly the non breath controller voices on the VL7 and EX5 I have require a fair bit of programming for patches to work with the breath controller... but thats the beauty of it.. its so controllable I could never go back now.. :-)

• Members

ya, like i said, with the kurzweil stuff, it's just a matter of setting the BC as source for what you want to control and then setting the amount and experimenting - pretty much the same as when i use it with my EX5R.

with VL tho, it's possible to 'break the model' in ways where you get unintended results.

• Members

Just the thread I've been looking for. I've got a BC1 and find it too..Borgish and obtrusive (it'll be going up for sale soon). Now I'm looking at the more practical BC2 and BC3. Does anyone know what the difference is between the BC2 and the BC3?

I just breezed thru this:

http://www.patchmanmusic.com/WindControllerFAQ.html

and couldn't find the difference there.

• Members

Originally posted by Beepboper

Can anyone give me a general idea of price for a S/hand WX11 wind controller compared to the WX7 which is the newest version and is quite expensive?(Well,expensive for this for this 'would be'horn player.)

Thanks VL freaks.

The current is WX5, all others are discontinued. I like my BC-3... maybe the diff is i have the breath resistance adjustment?

Archived