FS: Laney VC-50 50W Class A/B 2x12 Combo

NickSwampMKE

• Members

This is a very versatile 50 watt Class A/B Tube Amp. I'm sure almost everyone here is familiar with this badboy.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx36/NickSwampMKE/gear/DSCF1226.jpg

It has two channels, both complete with their own independent gain boosts, eq, reverb settings and effects loops.

The amp itself has a high and a low input, a bright switch, a presence knob and resonance switch on the front and is freshly loaded with El34's and recently had all the pots cleaned (there are a lot of controls on this thing). There is also an insert and return loop with a return level knob, a power amp in and out, an extension cab out, two effects loops and a biasing switch for el34's or 6l6's.

This is a great amp that gives you amazing tube tones that go from sparkling clean to brutal shredding distortion and everything in between with the click of a button.

This amp has performed flawlessly and treated me well for recording and gigs for the last year.

The amp is used and has some small scuffs in tolex and the handles are showing signs of use, they are still more than sturdy enough to support the 80 lbs. amp they are attached to, though.

The footswitch is also lightly scuffed but, it does it's job. The led for reverb doesn't light up on the footswitch, but it does turn the reverb on and off. Otherwise, the footswitch is perfect.

Fun facts: These amps are no longer made, original sale prices were $2,200 and they were made famous by Paul Gilbert.

Please contact me with any questions or requests for additional photos!

I'm looking to get $600 for it.

Buyer to pay shipping and insurance IS required. If you're interested shoot me a message with your address and I'll get you a shipping quote. Keep in mind this thing weighs about 80 lbs. with out packaging.

PayPal only. Item will be shipped UPS or local pickup is an option.

Thanks!!

• Members

I hadn't refreshed the page yet. Relax.

They may have the same manual, but this doesn't stop them from being different amps.

If I were to say that this is a vh100 combo amp for sale, I would be lying.

They have the same layout, but are different. The vh100 is just a head. And the vh100 has a flat front panel, while the vc-50's is angled.

Yes, they have come out with a new version of the VC-50, but this IS the one that Paul Gilbert used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPGA3vjMLgE

• Members

I hadn't refreshed the page yet. Relax.

They may have the same manual, but this doesn't stop them from being different amps.

If I were to say that this is a vh100 combo amp for sale, I would be lying.

They have the same layout, but are different. The vh100 is just a head. And the vh100 has a flat front panel, while the vc-50's is angled.

Yes, they have come out with a new version of the VC-50, but this IS the one that Paul Gilbert used.

I'm gonna have to say that the C in VC stands for combo, and the H in VH stands for head. and 50 and 100 stands for the wattage.

Which makes that guy a damn retard.

• Members

I'm gonna have to say that the C in VC stands for combo, and the H in VH stands for head. and 50 and 100 stands for the wattage.

Which makes that guy a damn retard.

HAHA. Awesome.. and I love you.

Seriously, that whole time I was just thinking - REALLY?

:eek:

Archived