Cheaper Keyboard that sounds like a B3?

dmbandtimmy

• Members

A buddy of mine has a Nord Electro Keyboard and I love its emulation of the B3 organ. Unfortunately, my budget doesn't allow me to purchase one at this time. So, I was wondering if there is a good alternative to it at an affordable price range. I was also wondering if there is a old discontinued keyboard that I could pickup of relatively cheap that does a decent B3 sound. Thanks! :thu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My EMU B3 (~$300 ebay) is V.good if drawbars are not a hard requirement. Many B3 players have complemented my live sound. EMU makes a kybd with that B3 samples not sure of the name

old korg cx3 is good (but analog) for around $300-$500 used

Kevin T

• Members

a real Hammond M-3 would look so :cool:

on stage.....

but I guess you'd need an army of roadies to lug it around ......

if you do decide to get one .....

I bow to you :thu:

but I have a Nord Electro right next to me ....so ;)

• Members

I second the Emu B3- the fast Leslie samples are a little rough but sound good in the mix and the samples with chorus sound so good you won't miss a fast Leslie effect. The 888 patches will have you smelling that Hammond "stank".

The Emu also comes with a bank of "direct" Hammond samples (before the Leslie) but as far as I remember these did not include the chorus effect- correct me if I'm wrong. Recently an Emu B3 was in the HC classifieds for a pretty good price.

I also used to have an old, analog Yamaha SK20 that did a pretty cool Hammond/leslie but they are hard to find.

Archived