Fuchs ODS50 1x12 Combo w/SLX Mod

blownirocz

• Members

Yep, a recent bout of GAS for a 335 forces me to part with this amazing piece. My Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 watt 1x12 combo. Comes with the Eminence Red Coat, and one of the most beautiful and organic sounding reverb units I've ever heard. Comes also with the PAB/reverb two-way footswitch.

If you're looking at this amp, then you probably know what it does best...which is pretty much everything. But I must say, the cleans are absolutely spectacular (and I'm not much of a clean player). And from all of the D*mble recordings I've heard, it seems to get right there. Below are a couple of videos of Gregor Hilden demoing the 100 watt 2x12 version of this amp. But don't worry, the 50 watts is PLENTY LOUD.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

It is serial 06xx so it has the much sought after SLX modification. A quick blurb from the Fuchs site describing the mod:

"The SLX update simply adjusts various tube operating points and equalizations within the clean and dirty gain structure of the ODS. A few lengths of critical cable are also replaced with high resolution video/digital cable, which opens and extends the high end response, while smoothing the midrange out. The basic circuit design is unchanged, but the result is great detail, more touch sensitivity and a sweeter yet detailed overdrive. Note bloom and touch response are more noticeable"

The amp is in minty condition, outside of one shallow scuff in the tolex on the left side, which I've tried to detail in one of the pictures below.

Not terribly interested in trades right now since I could really use the cash, but some things that may tempt me as partial trades might be a "Marshally" 1x12 combo with power scaling, a la Fargen Miniplex MKII, Suhr Badger, etc.

May consider straight across trade for a really special piece. Try me, ya just never know.

$2350.00 OBO professionally packed and shipped CONUS + Paypal fees (if applicable). Local pickup will obviously get packing/shipping discount.

img0081kf.th.jpg

img0079b.th.jpg

img0074uh.th.jpg

img0077wy.th.jpg

img0082uo.th.jpg

img0078tb.th.jpg

img0075av.th.jpg

Archived