A firewire or usb "line out" for my Mac...

joestanman

• Members

That FCA-202 looks great -- just a really simple little box, for cheap.

Can anyone point me to a review which addresses the quality of its drivers with regards to live performance of VSTis? Or perhaps compare its performance to something like one of the Echo Indigo cards? (I had one for my laptop -- low latency, stable, but {censored}ty 1/8" jacks, totally unacceptable to me for anything but listening to tunes with headphones).

• Members

Okay folks I had the FCA202 for a grand total of 10 days before I had to return it. When it worked, it worked very well on my Mac Mini. You don't have to install any drivers (I'm using OS 10.3.9) so it is true plug and play. The sound quality is good. I use 24-bit 44.KHz though, it can support up to 96KHz. For the Mac I'd recommend it. But the usual warning about anything Behringer: if it crap out within 2 weeks, it's junk - get a replacement or a refund.

On Windows, you can't uninstall the drivers which is annoying as hell plus the installation is a pain in the ass - if you click through the OK's too fast without reading you'll muck up the install. I'm not going to say Windows or Behringer sucks, but man...

I had to return mine because the right channels (both the line out and the headphones) completely cut out. I have no idea why - maybe because it's a piece of crap I dunno... The good thing is that Musician's Friend paid for the return shipping and don't charge a restock fee. My local Guitar Center doesn't carry these (yet?)

The cheapie M-Audio are comparable but probalby not any better. With the low end stuff, QC is sacrificed for cost so that's just how it is... :(

Archived