Trade Feeler: Red Bear MK120

gutterking

• Members

I love this amp, but I'm starting to realize I'm gonna need something a bit more versatile to match the changing sound of my band.

You're probably familiar with Red Bears if you're looking at this, but if you don't know this a 120 watt, single-channel amp with a high and low input and a "sensitivity" switch that acts somewhat like a boost (how I'm hearing it at least). They also originally came with an oddball pre-amp tube, but I had it modded to take 12ax7. It's loaded with a JJ/Svetlana/EHX combo right now, but I can pop a Tung-Sol in there somewhere if you'd like as wel,l or a full-set of EHX's.

It is missing the logo, knobs, and back panel, but other than that, there's not anything wrong with this amp (unless you're not a fan of BASS). It was popping fuses here and there and giving me hell when I got it, but as it turned out the previous owner tried putting in 12ax7's without modding it. After the mod it hasn't acted up in the least. This thing is solid as a rock.

This thing can get very mean or sparkly clean, just not both without some tweaking.

I'm looking for something at least two channels with a sexy clean channel and a ballsy high-gain channel. I'm looking to make an even trade or a trade up (+cash on my end if needed). Not really looking to trade down in value. Aside from that, I'm open to any offer as long is it falls within the 2-plus channel/clean and heavy/not a piece of junk category.

I may also be interested in amp to run clean alongside it, but at the moment I can't pay more than $300 for one.

Not looking to sell outright.

Will have pictures up by no later than Friday.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived