FA: ADA MP-1 with MC-1 MIDI controller and phantom power

^zilla^

• Members

Up for sale is my beloved ADA MP-1. This is *the* classic tube preamp from the 1980s used by all of the famous shredders - paul gilbert (mr. big, racer-x), kirk hammet (metallica), vito bratta (white lion), nuno bettencourt (extreme), etc.

This unit has the the ADA depot "mod3.1" mod.

This Mod brings a "rectified" quality to the tone signature of the MP-1, which is usually known for it's "hot-rodded Marshall" like characteristics. The Tube Distortion voicing has a smoother, creamier overdrive. Those looking to achieve a "Mesa/Boogie" or a "Soldano" type of a medium-level overdrive will find it here. High-gain users will notice the lack of "cutting power" when playing single-note leads. Also easily reversible. This mod brings the "rectifier" tone closer to MP-1 users, for those who desire that tone. Makes the MP-1 much quieter, and eliminates most of the extranneous noise. Individual notes in chords are easily heard.

The ".1" part of the mod 3.1 addresses the "lack of cutting power" that the plain mod 3 has and increases the gain.

http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/detailled/ADA-MP-1/mods/mod3.htm

The unit has a broken rear headphone jack, but I have a replacement jack that I will include in the package. Otherwise, everything else is mint. The front panel is perfect - no tears in the touch buttons and all of the LEDs work.

I am also including the ADA MC-1 MIDI foot controller along with a phantom power connector and 7-pin midi cable. This means that you only have *1* cable going from your MP-1 to the MC-1: no extra power cables!

Here is a short video clip of the this MP-1 in action:

What you are bidding on:

- ADA MP-1 with ADA Depot mod3.1

- ADA MC-1 MIDI foot controller

- Phantom Power power supply

- 7-pin MIDI cable

- Replacement headphone jack (installed or shipped with the unit).

What is NOT included: everything else in the photo that isn't the MP-1

asking $300 + shipping. paypal only. Item is located in Canada.

Thanks for viewing.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived