You guys ever purchase b-stock equipment?

• Members

Don't quite know what "B" stock is exactly. I have purchased floor models before, as long as I can go over the thing in person I haven't had a problem. "Factory-reconditioned", on the other hand, I'll never do again; both times resulted in a beat-up piece of gear that died completely right after the warranty expired.

• Members

I've purchased a few "B" stock items and they've been fine. No keyboards though. I have a suspicion that it's sometimes used as a way to get around MAP.

I agree with Mr. Botch, and I'll go one more. Don't buy open box items unless you're there to inspect them or the on-line retailer will pay shipping back! Every time I get sucked in because of the price it's been damaged in some way.

• Members

I buy B-stock a lot. Mostly smaller things - and always from quality retailers. But I did buy my S-90 at a big scratch and dent discount . It arrived with a good sized dent and a moderate scratch, but works perfectly. I came across a top panel on EBay, and if I sell the S-90, I'll install the new panel and it will look show room new.So, make sure, if you buy B or C stock, there's a good return policy and/or guarantee.

• Members

Two keyboards, from zzounds and musiciansfriend:

Roland C-180 continuo organ, totally mint except the owners manual cover was ripped.

Alesis Ion, came with no power cord, no manual, no nothing but the ion. Generic three prong cord cost me nine bucks, manual cost me a download, and it's totally perfect.

• Members

I bought a b-stock Kurzweil K2500RS from Sweetwater around 5-6 years ago. It came with a full warranty, was cosmetically spotless and has worked without problems. To save a few bucks on a major purchase, I'd buy b-stock equipment again.

• Members

I bought a factory refurbished VK-6 direct from EMU during their closing down sale a coupla years back. Looked like new to me. Works just fine.

My Ensoniq MR-rack was ex-floorstock/demo model half price like new. No problems in 7 years.

Most internet retailers have B-stock listed at not much of a saving really. Just make sure you get the warranty.

• Members

I too bought a demo - floor model, in May of 2005: Roland FP2, from Guitar Center in Totowa, NJ. New price had been $1,295 (even the ticket hanging from it said that) - I talked the guy down to 850 bucks! Great deal - the FP2 doesn't have the greatest piano sounds around but it's lightweight, easy to transport to quickie 1hr. cocktail gigs and has built-in spkrs. Even has built-in drums and rhythm/bass accompaniment, which I've not had time to even mess with yet... :o

:cool:

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

I purchased Dent+Scratch and Non-Factory Seal items from American Musical Supply. Worked fine, plus I couldn't even find the dents or the scratches!
:thu:

+1

I bought a PC2 from American Musical supposedly Scratch and Dent. Well I still haven't found the scratch or dents as Gigman earlier said and it has never given any problems whatsoever. Infact I think scratch and dent is the way to go. I look for those first before looking at anything else. Heck the thing is gonna get scratch anyway after continued use so if the scratch is not quite that noticeable I don't mind paying less for it

Archived