framus cobra

feartheunited

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't take their comments as smartass, apparently you did? They are only stating that your price is too high in this market. They are stating fact. A cursory review on the interwebs should give you a pretty good idea of what they are going for.

Nice amp for sure. I hated mine. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. :D

• Members

You are psycho if you think a 6505 and a 5150 are the same! And yes! If someone offered a blockletter 5150 and some cash i would probably do it. By far the best amp I've ever owned.

wow. you really should do some research before you say something obviously stupid like that. remember, nearly everyone here knows amps....you clearly don't

• Members

Funny how one of my best buds has a 5150II and a Blockletter both.

My 6505 sounds basically the same, and any differences there might have been could have been solved by a tube swap.. :lol:

Personal experience > What you think you know.

• Members

i played my exact setup! as far as i know they both had JJ pres and power tubes, it just seemed like it didnt have enough balls like my 5150 had! i seen parkway drive use the 6505 a few weeks ago in charlotte and their tone was complete crap! you guys are the first ive heard that say the 5150 and the 6505 sound the same!

• Members

They are EXACTLY the same, the ONLY thing they changed were the name plates, same with the Block logos, the only reason they sounded "better" was the tubes they came with from the factory were better than the ones they changed to when they changed to the signature.....

• Members

Looks like the 40 year old cover band dudes

schooled a snot nosed, punk kid in the world

of amplification!

Straight from Peavey's website:

http://www.peavey.com/products/instamplifiers/guitaramps/6505/

Named in celebration of Peavey's first 40 years, the 6505 Series is also the relaunch of the 5150 Series, the immensely popular amplifiers Peavey designed with Edward Van Halen. While known as the 5150, these amps became the undisputed go-to guitar amps for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands due to their raw tone, relentless power and road-proven reliability. The 6505 is still the unquestionable choice for an ever-expanding list of endorsers.

Archived