FS: Lee Jackson designed Crate Stealth 100 watt head

chuckmehh

• Members

OK, OK, it's a Crate...I know...

BUT!

This thing is a monster. I wouldn't lie to you guys. It was a 50 watt Stealth head converted to 100 watts (there is a paper in the chassis documenting this I was told by the previous owner, but I really don't care enough to check...I know there are 4 6L6s back there, so I assume it is indeed 100 watts haha).

It's in great condition as well, nothing functionally wrong and nothing serious cosmetically wrong. The thing is covered in carpet, so come on, it can take a beating (you gotta love carpet that takes a beating ).

So, yes, it's a Crate, but it sounds like a Marshall on steroids to my ears. It is HEAVY. I legitimately think it has more gain on tap than my 5150ii did unboosted, so that says something.

$275 shipped takes it OBO. I need some moolah, but I have a price in mind I won't go below.

It's a Lee Jackson modded Crate, if you have some money and need a new head, it's worth a shot. I know the name might scare some of you away, but trust in me when I say it is a beast.

CELL PHONE MIC WARNING...IT SOUNDS LIKE TURD....

This was dry; you can definitely tell how heavy it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqWDKU35peg

I used a 7 string with it as well and it stayed amazingly tight and clear. It really is an impressive head IMO.

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

• Members

Yeah,crate really made some good stuff..they just get so overlooked because of all of their cheaper stuff..I had a later edition black BV120H that was killer..the best of Mesa and Marshall in one amp...used to always get the "man,what amp is that you used"when we played live and the "no F**ckin' way that was a Crate".....

• Members

Yeah,crate really made some good stuff..they just get so overlooked because of all of their cheaper stuff..I had a later edition black BV120H that was killer..the best of Mesa and Marshall in one amp...used to always get the "man,what amp is that you used"when we played live and the "no F**ckin' way that was a Crate".....

no doubt man, their current reputation is ruining their older good stuff! This amp is seriously monstrous. I was going to sell it right away in the trade I got it in, but I kept it just because I liked playing on it so much! haha

Archived