From Sadness to Love.

xmor

• Members

This is an excellent composition, I really enjoy it a lot. I read your short little bio too, that's a pretty neat history. I really like the different instruments you chose... maybe it would be more enjoyable if you spaced things out in the stereo mix a little.. otherwise I love it and I like the classical style.

• Members

Very nice emotional flow, inspired progression.

The only downside is the flute sound, a little cheesy at times, but this is only technical stuff, the important is the musical content and it's definitely there.

Two thumbs up!

:thu:

• Members

Thanks alot. I'm glad you guys liked it. Ofcourse I wish I could space it out but that's not something in the Motif-ES (Or I haven't found it yet) The name reflects my current states. The music is how i currntly feel too.

But thanks alot!

• Members

When you said space out things, did you mean splite the sounds to right and left? or did you mean to make it bigger as in more full? Because I know the motif can do the right and left thing but I don't know how to expand the sounds to make it play with left and right randomly.

• Members

Originally posted by xmor

When you said space out things, did you mean splite the sounds to right and left? or did you mean to make it bigger as in more full? Because I know the motif can do the right and left thing but I don't know how to expand the sounds to make it play with left and right randomly.

I think what peeps be meaning is that you give the whole mix more space, and spread out all the different tracks using that left right thingy on the Motif.

I don't think there should be too much trickery and tweakage, considering this is classical, so I wouldn't make any pan-sweeps from left to right etc...

Oh yeah, I really liked the tune, lots of emotion. Showing some talent here!

:thu:

• Members

A nice Pan for piano is to tie it with they keyboard (scaling).

It basically puts the listener in front of the piano. The lower register is to the Right (a little or a lot. It's adjustable.) and the higher keys are to the Left.

A judicious use of this gives the piano some air.

Archived