OT: The venting of a frustrated, young American

• Members

I'd suggest you check the aforementioned revenge site for something that can be accomplished within the constraints of an internet keyboard forum for someone like the appropriately-named "insect" (although "worm" or "slug" would be apt names, too).

For God's sake, insect, it was labeled "off topic". Who the hell forced you to read it, much less leave a reply?

• Members

OK, I thought about it. In my experience I find that when I am personally wronged the problem is that I regret either course of action I could have taken, ie; if I do nothng I regret not getting revenge, if I get revenge I feel bad about it later.

I think it just depends on the severity of what they did and how easy it would be to get revenge and not have it backfire and you end up looking even worse. The difficult fact is that there is not always 'justice' in the world, there are scumbags who will do things and get away with it because once it's done it is done and sometimes it is not worth trying to retaliate. This is for you to judge though, knowing the details of the situation. I'm sure I am stating the obvious here.

On the other issue, I agree with what someone else said, that you are probably experiencing a very narrow view of the world that is making the situation seem amplified. The media is terribl about that, watch the news and you think the whole world is going straight to hell in a proverbial handbag, and some of it may be, but contrary to the popular saying, it is in fact a very big world and much of it is very different from Albany or even the USA.

So, get out a bit and see that it's not all dire, that people in other countries are often very different in their thinking and knowing this can be a real eye-opener.

Take care,

Sheryl

• Members

Is that what real life actually is, an endless chain of pointless struggles leading up to eventual death?

That's life, in a nutshell!

As to the cluelessness that overwhelms the geat masses of the unwashed... I once Asked Ralph Nader what his views were on how to break through the apathy & denial most seem to have when it comes to seeing what the "real world" is about. That question started him on a fifteen minute rant. Face it: most students seem to think that it's simple: you go to school, get good grades, get a good job. Some of them finally start catching on about the time they hit middle age, then they go berserk.

Hold back on the revenge aspect. Life WILL provide it's own revenge. I could have done lots of nasty things to my ex-wife many years ago when we parted ways, but we kept things civil. Eventually she realized that it was her actions that were the trouble, and then she realized what she lost because of it. Now I can feel sorry for her, as my life has progressed, and her's has stagnated. My oldest daughter finally had to divorce a guy due to the trouble he was getting into & causing. He understands how it was his actions that led to him losing his wife & kids. We are able to maintain a limited, but friendly contact with him, and his parents feel free to spend time with their grandkids without any social friction that would have been there if we had attempted revenge on him. So if you let the punishment happen on it's own, you will have less hanging over you, and you can eventually feel pity for the person involved, instead of hate. Makes it easier to sleep at night.

• Members

Originally posted by Trillian

but contrary to the popular saying, it is in fact a very big world and much of it is very different from Albany or even the USA.

So, get out a bit and see that it's not all dire, that people in other countries are often very different in their thinking and knowing this can be a real eye-opener.

Take care,

Sheryl

Ain't that the TRUTH. :thu:

Archived