So I got this cute Korg Minipops 120 drum machine

Jack Luminous

• Members

in very good shape for cheap and I really like it. It sound very interesting and the kick drum sound is really slamming. I got crazy loops by plugging it in a EH Q-Tron+... Now, the trick is that there's no sync input in the thing. No trigger input, no Sync24 input, no nothing. I saw on several pictures on the web that people have modified theirs with various options but couldn't find any infos on said mods.... Does anyone have infos on those things ?? Thanks in advance. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

neat-o. which one?

mp120pic_144.jpg

any mp3s?

It's the right one in the portable vinyl case. It even had the original Korg control pedal in the small back compartment for start/stop/fills/rythm change. Sorry no mp3, I don't have internet at home, I post from work... Oh yeah, if anyone has schematic/service manual or any interesting trick about it, don't hesitate !!

I tried the "push several rythm buttons at once" and at high speed I obtained some fairly interesting trance/jungle rythms !! It also does a mean oldschool hip-hop backbeat by pushing "rock 2" and "march" together....

• Members

Originally posted by program_insect

does it have programmable patterns or is it just the preset rhythms? Can you post some WAVs of it?
;)

Sorry, no wav at this time. I got no computer at home. Yeah it is just the 32 preset rythms plus 5 type of fills. But, you can "confuse" the thing by pressing more than one preset at once, like 2 or 3 or even all at the same time, and it gives some interesting random patterns. There's a lot of possible combinations. Some of these combinations, when sped up, sound just like very original drum'n bass/jungle loops.

Archived