New Korg Radias video on korg.com

morten'J

• Members

No-one can doubt, thats a really cool synthesizer. Hope it sounds as good in the flesh.

That 1st synth solo sound before the 2 'moog' sounds reminded me of the solo sound Howard Jones used in the song 'Hide and Seek'. Very nice indeed :cool:

• Members

At the 2:15 point, the demonstrator says "You can hear how silky smooth the paramaters are. There is no stepping of values". As he says this, he turns a control, and you can clearly hear the value stepping.

Impressive instrument nevertheless.

-Ron.

• Members

Originally posted by rpieket

At the 2:15 point, the demonstrator says "You can hear how silky smooth the paramaters are. There is no stepping of values". As he says this, he turns a control, and you can clearly hear the value stepping.

Impressive instrument nevertheless.

-Ron.

LOL yeah that was funny, it was really noticeable... LOL

the vocoder does look pretty cool as does the morphable filter and various osc types...

• Members

While I wouldn't kick it out of bed, but I wouldn't do much to get it there, either ...

... sounded a bit hardsh to my ears, and those Korgy knobs look quite unsatisfying to tweak ...

Sonically, absolutely nothing blew me away ...

I suppose it's going to come down to the price ...

• Members

Oliver Munyak Sound and Produktdesigner for Korg said in German Keyboardmagasine that most part of Radias is from EMX-1 say Oscillators(with a anti aliasing-code from AL1)Filters(including Comb) and Waveshaping.

The only parts from MS2000 is Virtual-patches and Mod-sequencer.

Effects from Korg Workstation and Legacy.

• Members

I'm still not sold on the look, I think it's a bit too modern and silly... but it does sound pretty good. Even if you could break your neck on those stairsteps :D

I think I'll just acquire a Z1 again when funds allow, I don't need all that drumbeat {censored}.

• Members

very sweet!

i looks like they kept the 'ease of use' factor of the ms2000, added some of the cool synthesis types of the EMX. the sound quality was pretty damn good to boot.

The ms2000/microkorg and the EMX are my 'secret weapons'. i like this new package.

Archived