Roland AX1 with Motif es7 and K2661 urgent help requested

dfibraio

• Members

I really could use some help here. Some background: I play in a Queensryche tribute band where I am covering second guitar parts as well as samples and stray keyboard parts. My setup is a Yamaha Motif es7 and a Kurzweil K2661. i recently picked up a used Roland AX1 to control my keyboards onstage and make it look a little more authentic. I am setting up the midi as such. Yamaha on channel 1, K2661 on channel 2. Ax1 midied into yamaha motif es7's midi in port, K2661 going from midi thru of the motif to the midi in of the k2661. All I want to do with the AX1 is have two patches. Patch 1 sends on midi channel 1, patch 2 sends on midi channel 2. All program changes and other things are run from the two keyboards either through the es7's master mode or by manually entering patch numbers on the k2661. The problem I am having is when I switch patches on the ax1, it is sending program change messages. I can't figure out how to tell the ax1 not to do this. I have tried turning off patch change messages from the motif and then when I change patches, it screws with the reverb setting somehow. This is as far as I have gotten. What can I do? I am in desperate need of help here. Thanks.

Archived