For those who enjoy A Gentle and Emotional songs, check this...

xmor

• Members

Emotionally Dreaming

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3605368&q=lo

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3605368&q=hi

I Strongly Suggest downloading it because the version from the streaming is slow.

here is the download link. go there and click download MP3. I hope you guys have fun listening to it cause that's it purpose.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=297320&songID=3605368

http://www.myspace.com/sheriefmusic

• Members

xmor,

That's a beautiful song.

It does sound like a nylon string, but I read on your site it's all keyboards. What did you use? It won't let me download the other songs, I'd like to hear more.

Just the kind of music I needed to listen to tonight. Good work.

• Members

It's very nice ... even on my tiny laptop speakers ...

However, the piece starts to go quite limp around 1:19 and not much of musical - or emotional -- interest takes place until the choir moves in at 2:00.

I'd suggest removing an instrument during that dead zone (you don't know what you miss 'till it's gone). Or perhaps do something radically different (note-wise) with one of the instruments to suggest a bit more tension before the beauty vox comes in.

Even beautiful, emotional music needs contrasts ...

Afer the first minute, all the notes seem to be "lining up" too much. You can get away with that in the beginning because the material is fresh, but I think you need to re-consider what's going on after that first minute.

(At the very least so you can apply it toward your next piece)

Also, the song doesn't really finish as just end ... Which is fine. Lots of things in life mirror the conclusion of your piece. But rarely does it satisfy as much.

Really, though, quite beautiful ... Keep up the good work!

(Of course it's easier to pick up what's "wrong" because what's right is usually apparent -- as it is in your piece. So don't think I'm busting unnecessarily on your tune.)

• Members

i dont think this song is bad, by any definition of the word.

however, it feels very boxed in/safe/trapped/polished.

i almost used the term "cookie cutter" but that doesnt really apply.

i think it could really benefit from getting off the grid more.

i like alot of the sounds, but the sequencing/playing feels very strict and stiff.

these are just my opinions. dont take them in a negative way, please.

is any of this played on acoustic instruments?

• Members

Originally posted by Lava Lamp

xmor,

That's a beautiful song.

It does sound like a nylon string, but I read on your site it's all keyboards. What did you use? It won't let me download the other songs, I'd like to hear more.

Just the kind of music I needed to listen to tonight. Good work.

Thank you! i'm using Motif-ES with kompact.

I'm glad it pleased you!

• Members

Originally posted by stikygum

Good work
:thu:
I can tell you have some background in theory, no? I'm interested to hear what instruments you used.

Keyboards that's about it. and I've came up with it after countless chase of realism and listening to alot of movie scores and classics too.

but thanks for listening!

• Members
Originally posted by joekissel@adelp

It's very nice ... even on my tiny laptop speakers ...

However, the piece starts to go quite limp around 1:19 and not much of musical - or emotional -- interest takes place until the choir moves in at 2:00.

*I know what you mean. It was actually longer but I tried to shorten it and I kept the parts before the choir part because I liked the way I played the string sounds. But my original intention was to shorten it more or change it a bit with diffrient sounds. I guess I'll do that sometime.*

I'd suggest removing an instrument during that dead zone (you don't know what you miss 'till it's gone). Or perhaps do something radically different (note-wise) with one of the instruments to suggest a bit more tension before the beauty vox comes in.

*yeah I'm alrady did that with the version I'm editing*

Even beautiful, emotional music needs contrasts ...

Afer the first minute, all the notes seem to be "lining up" too much. You can get away with that in the beginning because the material is fresh, but I think you need to re-consider what's going on after that first minute.

*So your saying that repeating the same theme and adding a build up of strings is not your thing or did I excute it wrong?*

(At the very least so you can apply it toward your next piece)

Also, the song doesn't really finish as just end ... Which is fine. Lots of things in life mirror the conclusion of your piece. But rarely does it satisfy as much.

*I know what you mean, I actually wanted to edit the ending and make it fade out but I forgot to do that when I was converting it to MP3. I'll definitly do that when I'm done with it*

Really, though, quite beautiful ... Keep up the good work!

*Thank you for the detailed review and thanks for listening I enjoy reading your reviews, I learn something you know*

• Members

Originally posted by sheepshears

i dont think this song is bad, by any definition of the word.

however, it feels very boxed in/safe/trapped/polished.

i almost used the term "cookie cutter" but that doesnt really apply.

i think it could really benefit from getting off the grid more.

i like alot of the sounds, but the sequencing/playing feels very strict and stiff.

these are just my opinions. dont take them in a negative way, please.

is any of this played on acoustic instruments?

first of all thanks for listening and not giving up on the songWell to answer your thought. Basicly I wish I could play all these intruments for real but I'm only a keyboardest and I'm trying to mimic there ways. I'll improve in teh future most likly but I don't think I'll ever capture the true live feel of acoustic instruments if you know what I mean? I mean find me a person that does and I will to mimic him!

ChrisM250, thank you for your courge:):thu:

Archived