Drop C Tuning?

MrBayes

• Members

A while ago I was looking for some Clawfinger tabs (punk metal rap stuff, swedish(ish, maybe) and although I didn't come across any tabs, some guy said that to play Clawfinger songs you need to play it in Drop C tuning.

I know drop D tuning, but Drop C?? Is there such a thing?

• Members

The only limit to alternate tunings is your imagination, and taking into consideration your instrument (tuning really high will cause neck stress and real low will cause string buzz.)

In addition to drop C, you can also play in open C tuning, which is exactly like open D but down a whole step.

To learn more how to apply alt. tunings into real songs you can check out the works of Crosby,Stills,Nash. For strictly instumental stuff Leo Kottke and John Fahey are a good place to start.

Good Luck!

• Members

drop C is the same as drop D, only all the strings are down an entire step.

i always keep my guitar tuned in standard, but down a whole step. i play alot of different types of music, so its just easier to do things that way for me. cause you only have to slide something in standard tuning up a step.. and if its a low tuning, you're already set.

• Members

A variation on this would be to tune the low E down to C and the A-string down to G and leave the rest as they are in standard tuning. Gives you the range of a chello and you've still got the 5th between the two lowest strings.

Archived